Shanghai, located on Center China's eastern coast at the mouth of the Yangtze River, is the biggest city in China and is also one of the four municipalities directly under the Central Government of China. With a population of over 20 million, Shanghai possesses the biggest industrial base and foreign trade port in China. Being originally a fishing and textiles town, Shanghai flourished as an international commercial centre, and had become a multinational hub of finance and business by the 1930s, and now is regarded as a rising tourist destination for its profound cultural deposits and plenty of historic sites, such as the Bund in the east of Huangpu River and New Field. At the opposite side of Huangpu River, there is another flourishing sight, namely, the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jinmao Mansion, Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC) and other buildings forming one of the most splendid skylines in the world. With all these wonderful views, Shanghai has been known as “Oriental Pa... Shanghai Overview
- Yuyuan Garden: Yuyuan garden was especially built for Pan's parents so as to enable them to enjoy a tranquil and happy life in their old ages. In the garden there are ragged pavilions, extraordinary rocks and small mountains with beautiful scenery of lake. That is why the garden gained its name of"second to none in the middle and lower reaches of Yangtze River".
- Jade Buddha Temple: Built in 1918, Jade Buddha Temple is located in the north of Shanghai as an attractive temple construction imitated the constructive style in the Song Dynasty. With a precise layout, a good structure and imposing scenery, the Jade Buddha Temple is a world famous scenic spot. It is the historic relics standing among the city buildings, with the burning incense and candles making it extraordinary refined from others.
- The Bund: The Bund, located along the Huangpu River, is an attractive destination of Shanghai, showing Shanghai's outstanding foreign buildings. It is so wonderful that every tourist do not want to miss it.
Shanghai leads the catering industry in the country, gathering eight Chinese cuisines and converging domestic and foreign catering culture. In recent years, Shanghai has made the development of Shanghai catering industry as one of economic growth points and has achieved great achievements as well. Shanghai Restaurants
- Wujiang Road Snacks Street: Wujiang Road Snacks Street has the same status as the prosperous Business Street in Nanjing West Road, but different in style. Small shops there are so attractive to the ordinary that customers unconsciously open their hearts, and no longer remember losing weight and going on a diet. Everything is under the control of the taste buds.
- Red House Restaurant: Red House Restaurant, located at West Wing of Middle Huaihai Road, Luwan District, is a western restaurant of French brand with a long history. It is also a western restaurant with a long-established brand. Red House of Huaihai branch is a red building with the longest history in Shanghai.
- Windmill Restaurant: Windmill Restaurant, in Shenkang hotel, is located at No.1440 Hongqiao Road, Changning District, Shanghai. Windmill Restaurant has a comfortable environment. There are also many old photos of Shanghai, making the restaurant very unique.
Shanghai is an attractive place where one can find a rich collection of various famous snacks with unique favor. Generally speaking, snacks from Guangdong and Hong Kong tend to have sweat taste,and Sichuan and Chongqing snacks are usually quite hot and spicy. Distinct from this two cuisines, shanghai snacks are famous for their plain, fresh and delicious flavor. Shanghai people applied a great many methods to make their snacks, among which baking, roasting, reserving, steaming are most frequently used. Shanghai Food
- Smoked Fish Splices : Smoked Fish Splices is an ideal choice for those who like spicy food. The Smoked Fish Slices can be considered as a delicious and unusual horsd' oeuvre.
- Soup Bun: Soup Bun, with bigger size than Xiaolongbao, refers to a kind of buns within soup. And it especially pays more attention on the taste of soup. Soup Bun in Shanghai tends to have Chrysanthemum-like shape, thinner dough skins, and much stuffing which come into wide range of choices.
- Fried Mantou: Fried Mantou, a local dim sum in shanghai, owns a history of over 100 years. The semi-fermented paste is fried on the saucepan with spraying water several times during cooking.
Nightlife in Shanghai shows a combination of fashionable and simple for both young and old. In a word, there are plenty of entertainment places and up-to-date activities in Shanghai, which will make visitors linger on without hesitation. Shanghai Nightlife
- Acrobatic Show: Acrobatics is one of the ancient interactive art forms, including theatricals and variety shows, song-dance drama, puppet play and so on. Nowadays it is mainly about hand techniques, ventriloquism, trick cycling, animal training and magic performances.
- Shanghai Circus World: Shanghai Circus World, located at No.2266, Gong He Xin Road with convenient traffic, is one of the landmark constructions of the modern international city. The circus is the main part of it, with a series of supporting facilities such as the assisting building which is for rehearsing and the place for keeping animals.
- Huangpu River Night Cruise: Huangpu River Cruise is one of the most essential traditional travel items of Shanghai tourism. There are two reasons for that.
Shanghai has a subtropical maritime monsoon climate, with four distinct seasons and pleasant climate. The hottest period is July to August while the coldest period is from the end of January to early February. Shanghai is characterized by a warm spring, hot summer, cool autumn and cold winter. The best time to visit Shanghai is May, September, October and November. Shanghai Weather
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace