Xiamen, located on the southeast coast of Fujian Province at the mouth of the Jiulong River directly across from Taiwan and Penghu islands, covers a total area of 1,565 square kilometers (604.2 square miles) and 300 (115.8 square miles) square kilometers sea area , which makes it as an international harbor scenic city. However, Xiamen Island is the fourth biggest island in Fujian Province, covering an area of about 132.5 (51 square miles) square kilometers with 13.7 kilometers (8.5 miles) long from north to south and 12.5 kilometers (7.8 miles) wide from east to west. Xiamen port is a natural harbor with favorable conditions and a very winding coastline as long as 234 kilometers (145 miles), surrounded by mountains inside the port and dotted by islets outside the port. Xiamen port is an important and influential seaport in the southeast of China in history for its deep water without free... Xiamen Overview
- Nanputuo Temple: As a famous Buddhist temple in Xiamen, Nanputuo Temple, built during the Tang Dynasty (618 A.D.-907 A.D.), is located at the foot of Five Old Men Peaks in the south of Xiamen of China and neighboring Xiamen University in the south. It is in the south of Putuo Temple of Zhejiang, so it is called Nanputuo Temple.
- Gulangyu Island: Gulangyu Island is located in the southwest of Xiamen City, covering an area of 1.87 square kilometers, surrounded by the vast sea with reef rocks and meandering coastline. It is the Mother Nature itself that creates the bright and timeless inland sceneries, and the main scenic spots in Gulangyu Island are the Sunlight Rock, Shuzhuang Garden, the Piano Museum and Bright Moon Park.
- The Five Old Men peaks : The Five Old Men peaks are situated at the back of the Nanputuo Temple in Xiamen City. High up o¬n the mountain erects five peaks decorated by verdant trees in the dim mist or in the clouds, if you are looking from far away, they are just like five old people with white beards watching the vast ocean attentively. So they are called "Five Old Men stretching into the Clouds," which is o¬ne of the most intriguing eight attractions of Xiamen.
- Huahui Food Street : Huahui Food Street is located in Zhongshan Road, the prosperous area in Xiaman, here are more than 20 gourmet shops here and they mainly specialize in the local snacks. It is one of the most concentrated snack streets in Xiamen.
Xiamen dishes, or Min Cai in Chinese for short, plays an important part in China's cuisine art. There are many delicate and delicious foods in Xiamen, most of which are quite fresh, light, crispy and slightly spicy in taste. Xiamen Food
- Zhongshan Road Commercial Streets: Zhoushan Road is a traditional and prosperous commercial center with the boastful name of the “One of the Most Famous Roads in China”. There are more than 100 shops with various commodities along this road, among which there are Hualian Mall, Huahui Mall, Paris Spring and Jinlu Jewelry in a large scale.You can take public bus No. 2, 3, 4, 10, 12, 23, 25, 30 and 32 to get there directly.
- Longtou Road in Gulangyu: Longtou Road is the main commercial street in Gulangyu, which is the necessary way to Gulangyu Island. On each side of the street are arts and handcraft shops, including the local arts and embroideries as well as the antiques and jades from other parts of China, providing the visitors so much surprise.
- Bailuzhou shopping and entertaining center: It is located in the north of Hubin Central Road, which is convenient in transportation with wonderful environment. There are shopping malls and restaurants as well as entertainment facilities in it. What is more interesting, there are some folk festivals held in this shopping center, which creates a hot atmosphere for commercial activities. You can take a bus No. 12 and 16 to get there directly.
Xiamen has humid subtropical climate, and the weather is neither very hot in summer nor very cold in winter. The coldest month is in February at 13.2℃. The mean annual temperature is 21℃ and the mean annual precipitation is 1,200 mms with the substantial rainfall beginning from May to August. At the same time, Xiamen is vulnerable to typhoons in late summer as well as the early autumn each year. Xiamen Weather
- City Transportation: Bus There are more than 50 bus routes, which are all unmanned buses with CNY 1 fare in winter and 2 CNY fare with air-conditioner in summer, including one-decker buses and double-decker buses. Taxi The Santana and Jetta are main vehicles in Xiamen, which give convenience to the residents and tourists. The starting price of taxies is CNY 8 for 3 kilometers and the price will be CNY 2 per one kilometer from 7: 00 to 22:00.
- Highway: Fuzhou, Xiamen and Shantou highways are the communication arteries of Fujian Province, there are more than 20 buses to Fuzhou, Zhangzhou, Quanzhou, Longyan, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Shantou from Xiamen each day. And there are buses to other cities all over the country from Xiamen City.
1. The coldest month is in January and the hottest month is in July in Xiamen City with The rain season from May to June. So please carry the rain gears in case of bad weather. Xiamen Travel Tips
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace