As the political, economic, technological, and educational centre of Henan Province, Zhengzhou lies on the southern plain of the Yellow River with 760 kilometers (472 miles) in the south of Beijing, 570 kilometers (354 miles) west of Lianyungang, 514 kilometers (319 miles) in the north of Wuhan and 480 kilometers (298 miles) in the east of Xian, covering an areal of 7,446.2 square kilometers (2,875 square miles) in total. It is the junction of Longhai Railway (Lanzhou to Lianyungang) and Jingjiu Railway (Beijing to Kowloon), functioning as a major transportation hub in Central China. Zhengzhou administers 12 county-level divisions, including 6 districts, 5 county-level cities and 1 county, ... Zhengzhou Overview
As the cradle of ancient Chinese culture, Zhengzhou is an ancient city with a long history, and there are many mountains, rivers and hills as well as many remains, cultural relics in Zhengzhou, making up of the unique and colorful natural sceneries and culture relics. Zhengzhou Attractions
- Erqi Memorial Tower: The tower is unique and grandeur with a novel style in design and it has the traditional characteristics of Chinese architecture, which has the eaves on each floor archaized with rising tips as well as the roofs covered with green glazing tiles.
- Yellow River Scenic Area : Yellow River Scenic Area is located 30 kilometers (19 miles) to the northwest of the Zhengzhou City with the torrential Yellow River in the north and the towering Yue Mountain in the south, which is 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles) long from north to south and 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) wide from east to west with more than 600,000 trees, pavilions and hills around it. Seen from the high position, sometimes the torrential Yellow River rushes by with rising and falling waves.
- Henan Provincial Museum: He’nan Provincial Museum, located in Nongye Road in Zhengzhou City of He’nan Province, is a provincial-level museum. Its initial site is in Kaifeng built in 1927, receiving cultural and historical relics from Anyang City and Kaifeng little by little. And it was moved to Zhengzhou in 1961 and it was open to the public in 1998 with more than 130,000 collections of cultural relics.
Zhengzhou is the commercial center in the central of China owing to its transportation position. The main shopping streets and malls are concentrated along the railway station such as Er’qi Road, Renmin Road and Jiefang Road. Zhengzhou Shopping
- Department Store: Some famous department store locates at the main streets.
- Walking Street: Recommended Walking street features clothing and all daily use goods.
- Supermarket: Some big supermarket convenient locates at the main streets.
Zhengzhou has humid subtropical monsoonal climate with the annual average temperature of 14.7°C. The weather in Zhengzhou is warm and comfortable with clearly distinctive seasons throughout the year: warn spring, hot and humid summer, mild and cool autumn and cold and dry winter. Zhengzhou Weather
As one of the transportation hubs in China, the transportation in Zhengzhou is very excellent, and it is very easy for the visitors to travel by air, train and bus from Zhengzhou to the major Cities in China. There are daily domestic flights as well as regular international airline services here. At the same time, there are regular trains and bus services. Zhengzhou Transportation
- Railway: As the largest passenger transport station in China, Zhengzhou Railway Station is in the junction of Jing–Guang railway (Beijing Railway Station to Guangzhou Railway Station) and Long-Hai railway (Lanzhou Railway Station to Lianyungang Railway Station), so you can get to most cities from this station.
- City Transportation: The bus system in Zhengzhou City is very modern and convenient, so you can take a bus to most of the places of the city, especially to the scenic spots. Now all the buses in Zhengzhou are automatic, so you have to prepare changes. The ticket fare is CNY 1 in the common buses and CNY 2 in the air-conditioned buses within the city.
- Air: As one of the five biggest airports throughout China, Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport is 37 kilometers (23 miles) in the southeast of Zhengzhou City, covering an area of 46,000 square meters (11 acres), which is just like a flying bird.