Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Treasure Houses, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Treasure Houses: Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Hiking from the Jinshanling Great Wall to Simatai Great Wall
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Si Ma Tai Restaurant
- Hiking from the Jinshanling Great Wall to Simatai Great Wall: The section between Jinshanling and Simatai Great Wall is popular and ideal place of hiking enthusiasts. The distance is 10 kilometers, and the hiking takes about 4 hours. This section retains the original appearance of the Great Wall since its construction, and provides a unique and magnificent scenery. It is necessary to wear comfortable walking shoes and protection against the weather.
- Si Ma Tai Restaurant : Si Ma Tai Restaurant is located at the foot of Simatai Great Wall which provides beautiful sunrise and sunset views. It serves a great variety of Chinese delicacy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Traditional Mongolia Restaurant
- Summer Palace: Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. You can expect to spend 2-3 hours here. Renovations (complete in 2010) mean that an individual section or building may be closed at any one time, but this is a huge site. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Traditional Mongolia Restaurant: Traditional Mongolia Restaurant is located near the Forbidden City. It serves northern Chinese food based on Mongolia cuisine. It brings Mongolia's long and distinguished cultural and literary history. A traditional Mongolian yurt (tent) is available on the third floor but a reservation is needed and a surcharge applies. Live performances of Mongolian music are sometimes preformed in the restaurant.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Beijing||Sunworld Hotel Beijing||Holiday Inn Express Beijing Minzuyuan|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Beijing, with literal meaning of "northern capital", is a metropolis in northern China and the capital of the People's Republic of China. As a major transportation hub, it is also the center of politics, education, and culture in China.
With a 3,000-year-long history, Beijing is one of the world's most ancient cities. Covering an area of 16,808 square kilometers, it is the second largest city in China next only to Shanghai. The city is divided into 16 districts and two rural counties, with about 13 million people.
With rich tourism resources, Beijing is renowned for its famous attractions, unique and delicious food, and abundant night life with colorful entertainments. Among the well-known attractions, some representatives such as Beijing National Stadium, Bystreets, and the temple of heaven will amaze and delight you. All kinds of Beijing snacks, including Beijing Roast Duck, Noodles with soybean paste, and so on, will leave you a special impression on this city. Furthermore, the interesting nightlife activities will offer you opportunities to experience the perfect combination of Beijing's traditional unique culture and modern prosperity.
Nowadays, Beijing has become a dynamic city where the old and new intermingle. With the ancient traditional buildings and some new modern fashionable spots, it remains a magnet for visitors from around globe.
The Temple of Heaven is the largest temple and altar complex with a history of over 500 years, where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties worshipped heaven and prayed for abundant harvests.
The Great Wall is one of the most renowned construction works in the world, considered originally as a feudal states built walls for self-defense against nomadic tribes.
The Forbidden City is one of the largest and best preserved palace complexes in the world, which had been the imperial residence of 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Beijing National Stadium is a national stadium in China built for the 2008 Olympic Games and has become a famous attraction from then on.
2008 Beijing Olympic Village Sites is a group of constructions for the 2008 Olympic Games consisting of apartments for athletes, buildings for Olympic Committees, public facilities for residential districts, service centers and underground parking lots.
Water Cube is the National Aquatic Center in China, regarded as a construction of competition venues, training venues and auxiliary facilities for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, where all the swimming of the 2008 Olympic Games had completed.
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.