- Travel Guide
- - 798 Art District
- - Beihai Park
- - Beijing Folklore Museum
- - Beijing Hutong
- - Beijing Industrial Arts Museum
- - Beijing Museum of Natural History
- - Beijing Museum of Traditional Operas
- - Beijing National Stadium
- - Beijing Police Museum
- - Beijing Zoo
- - Capital Museum
- - CCTV Tower
- - China National Film Museum
- - Chinese Aviation Museum
- - Eastern Qing Mausoleum
- - Forbidden City
- - Fragrant Hill Park
- - Great Wall Hiking
- - Guozijian
- - Jingshan Park
- - Military Museum
- - Nanshan Ski Resort
- - National Center for the Performing Arts
- - Tanzhe Temple
- - Temple of Heaven
- - The Drum and Bell Towers
- - The Ming Tombs
- - The Summer Palace
- - The Temple of Earth
- - The Tiananmen Square
- - The White Cloud Taoist Temple
- - Yushengtang Traditional Chinese Medicine Museum
- - Zhoukoudian Peking Man Site
Location: Around Beijing, North China
Route: Almost every section of the Great Wall is suitable for hiking. The most popular hiking sections are Badaling, Jinshanling, Mutianyu, Simatai, Gubeikou, Jiankou, Huanghuacheng, Huangya Pass, Jiayu Pass and Water Pass; the most popular hiking routes are Gubeikou to Jinshanling, Jinshanling to Simatai.
Length: 9-10 kilometers per day
Duration: 5 hours per day
Best Season: The Great Wall is suitable for hiking all year round because its scenery varies from season to season. Spring and Autumn are the best seasons when the weather is the most pleasant.
The Great Wall of China is one of the greatest man-made wonders in the world. It stretches across eight provinces of North China, and its winding paths over the steep mountains offer awe-inspiring scenery and experience of ancient glory. As you hike along the winding paths and sometimes steep steps of the Great Wall, you will see the mountain ridges with precipitous cliffs on each side, watchtowers, oddly-shpaed rocks, the orgininal appearance of the wall since the construction hundreds of years ago.
Tours: My Chinatours offers well-designed Great Wall hiking tours for all visitor, catering beginner to profesional alike.
1. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
2. Bring hats, sun glasses and apply sunscreen on sunny days; prepare raincoats on rainy days.
3. Pack light with snacks, bottled water, band-aid and spare clothes.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace