As the capital as the well the economic and cultural center of Hunan Province, Changsha City is located in the northeast part of Hunan Province as well as in the south part of the Yangtze River, which is 230 kilometers (143 miles) long from the west to east and 88 kilometers (55 miles) wide from south to north, covering an area of 12,000 square kilometers (4,633 square miles) with the urban area of 975 square kilometers (376 square miles).Changsha is a famous city with Xiangtan City in the south, Loudi City in the west, Yueyang City in the north and Yingchun City of Jiangxi Province in the east. The top peak in the city is Yunlu Peak of Yuelu Mountain with an altitude of 470 meters (1,542 feet) high above the sea level. Changsha administers 5 districts, 1 county-level city and 3 counties, namely: Furong District, Tianxin District, Yuelu District, Kaifu District and Yuhua District; Liuyan... Changsha Overview
Nowadays Changsha has become an intriguing attraction for the visitors from all over the world with its unique natural sceneries, precious historical relics and the traditional folk customs, all of which endow the city with a profound sense of history in the process of its development. Changsha Attractions
- Tianxin Pavilion : As the only symbol of Changsha Ancient City, Tianxin Pavilion is located in the intersection of Chengnan Road and Tianxin Road in the southeast of Changsha City, initially built in the Ming Dynasty (1,368- A.D.-1,644 A.D.), and it was the place for watching stars and making sacrifice to the God, which was considered as the geomantic site by the ancient people, and the people prayed for happiness and longevity from the God here.
- the Orange Island: Located in the center of Xiang River opposite to Changsha City, the Orange Island is the biggest inland island that is surrounded by water in the world,
- Yuelu Academy : Located in the east of Yuelu Mountain in Changsha City, Yuelu Academy was built in the reign of Emperor Zhao Kuangyin in the Northern Song Dynasty (960 A.D.-1127 A.D.) with a very long history of more than 1,000 years, and it was one of the four most influential academies together with Yingtian Academy in Juzhou, Songyang Academy in Henan Province and Bailudong Academy in Jiangxi Province.
many tourists from all over the world not only for its beautiful natural sceneries, but also it is famous for its delicious food. As one of the 8 dishes in China, Hunan Dish has its own cooking techniques and savory flavors, which are characterized by sour, fresh, salty, spicy and oily flavors on the whole. Actually, there are many famous dishes in Changsha City. Changsha Restaurants
- Gourmet Food Streets : There are many Gourmet Food Streets in Changsha City, among which the most famous 4 ones are: Shuguang Road Gourmet Food Street, Steamed Dishes Street along the Railway Station, Yatang Village Gourmet Food Street and Xiang River Zone Gourmet Food Street.
- Western Restaurants: Haokelai Restaurant Location: it is in No. 372, on Jiefang West Road in Tianxin District of Changsha Ciy Tel: 0731-2272908 Bus Routes: 112, 11, 123, 128, 138, 143, 145, 2, 301 and 368 Opening Hour...
As the capital and the commercial center of Hu’nan Province, Changsha is very rich in specialties and souvenirs of all different kinds. Changsha Shopping
- Walking Street: There are 5 well-known commercial walking streets in Changsha City: Huangxing South Road Walking Street, Jiefang Central Road & Wenyi Road Walking Street, Wenyun Street & Changkang Road Walking Street, Wenmiao Ping & Nanqiang Wan Walking Street and Jinmandi Walking Street.
- Department Stores: Recommended department stores which are conveniently located at the city.
- Supermarket: Wal-Mart Supermarket Location: it is in Wanda Shopping Square in No. 443, on Huangxing South Road of Changsha City Tel: 0731-84884099 Bus routes: 142, 2, 317, 908, 112, 11, 138, 143, 202 and 803 Openi...
As the capital of Hunan Province as well as “the Recreational City”, the nightlife in Changsha is very modern, rich and colorful. When the night falls, all the streets in the city are covered with neon lights, which are very attractive for the visitors. The nightlight facilities are very well-equipped from the traditional teahouses and theaters to modern pubs and clubs as well as the traditional performances, and I am sure that you will fully enjoy the night life in Changsha City. Changsha Nightlife
- Teahouse: Zhuqi Teahouse Location: it is in No. 511, on Furong Central Road of Changsha City Tel: 0731-82227968 Bus Routes: 109, 115, 116, 159, 348, 402, 405 and 9 Opening Hours: from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm ev...
- Theater: Tianhan Grand Theater As the most famous theater in Changsha City, Tianhan Grand Theater is a very professional theater, which is composed of the Theater, the Odium, Tianhan Memorial Hall and Art Gal...
- Pubs and Bars: The young people like to spend their nightlife in the bars on Sanlitun and Jiefang West Road, where there are a lot of bars and pubs which don’t close until 2:00 am every day. Suhe Bar Locatio...
Changsha has subtropical monsoon climate in the North Temperate Zone with very distinctive four seasons, and the annual average temperature here is from 16.8 ℃ to 17.2 ℃. Changsha Weather
As the Provincial capital and transportation hub as well as the tourist collecting and distributing center of Hu’nan Province in China, the transportation in Changsha is very modern and convenient. Changsha Transportation
- City Transportation: Buses The bus system in Changsha City is very modern and convenient. There are 3 public bus centers in Changsha City, and you can take a bus to most places of the city. Now all the buses in Changsha ...
- Highway: As the transportation hub in Hu’nan Province, the highways in Changsha are very modern and convenient, which has very extensive highway networks with national highways No. 107 (from Beijing City to Shenzhen City) and 319 (from Xiamen City to Chengdu City) running through the city center as well as Jingzhu (from Beijing City to Zhuhai City) Highway running outside the city, extending to the other cities all over China.
- Air: Changsha Huanghua International Airport is just 24 kilometers (15 miles) away from Changsha City center, and there are more than 40 direct flights from Changsha to the major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhengzhou, Nanjing, Fuzhou, Chongqing and Hangzhou as well as HongKong and Taibei of Taiwan Island.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
- 3 Day Tour of Changsha and the Birthplace of Chairman Mao (MCT-HN-02) From $261
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.