Tongli is recommended for tourists who love a tranquil environment.
11 Day East of ChinaFrom:
$1723 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: The Bund, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center : Shanghai World Financial Center, at 492 meters tall, is by far the tallest building in China, and the third tallest after Burj Dubai and Taipei 101. It combines functions of sightseeing, shopping, offices, hotels and restaurants.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Nanjing, Train No. D5410 (Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station - Nanjing Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Nanjing), Qinhuai River Bazaar, President Palace, Confucius Temple, The Memorial Hall to the Victims in the Nanjing Massacre
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Long Jiang Da Paidang restaurant
- Qinhuai River Bazaar: Qinhuai River bazaar contains a mind-boggling array of goods. When night approached, this area is lit up with colorful lights, creating a quite impressive scene. A lovely street market is set up, and both tourists and locals alike joyfully participate in the bargain hunting. If you want to enjoy beautiful scenery and do some shopping at the same time, join us in the Qinhuai River bazaar.
- President Palace: When you travel in Nanjing, the President Palace is a must place you should visit. It can be dated back to the Ming Dynasty, expanded during the Taiping's Heavenly Kingdom and served as headquarter of Sun-yat Sen's government. Now it is currently serving as the Nanjing Museum of Chinese Contemporary History.
- Confucius Temple: Confucius Temple is devoted to the memory of Confucius, the famous ancient Chinese philosopher and educator. The temple was built in Song Dynasty and has been the center of Confucian study for over one thousand years.
- The Memorial Hall to the Victims in the Nanjing Massacre : The hall was dedicated to the victims of the appalling Nanjing Massacre committed by the Japanese army during World War Two. The suppressed historical sorrow displayed and the somber atmosphere reflected always evokes passionate feelings of "no more wars" among its visitors.
- Long Jiang Da Paidang restaurant: Long Jiang Da Paidang restaurant is located at 96# Cao Changmen Street. The restaurant is decorated in Chinese traditional style. It serves Huaiyang Cuisine and local snacks. Dishes like Spicy Fried Tofu and Pancake with Pork Floss are popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Nanjing to Suzhou, Train No. D5435 (Nanjing Railway Station Railway Station - Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge, Dr Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum, Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Nanjing), Train station Transfer (Suzhou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jiang Yu Hotel
- Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge: Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge is the first bridge independently designed and constructed by Chinese people. It is on the list of Guinness World Records as the world's longest bridge featuring the dual functions of a highway and a railway. It is a great bridge. In addition, you can also enjoy the beautiful night scenery here.
- Dr Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum: The Mausoleum was built in 1926 in memoriam of Dr. Sun-Yet Sen, who is considered as “Father of Modern China”. He fought against the imperial Qing government and founded the Republic of China. The architecture blends the styles of modern architecture and traditional imperial tombs.
- Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum: Mingxiaoling Mausoleum is a fine example of ancient China’s royal tomb. It is the tomb of Emperor Hongwu, the founder of Ming Dynasty. The mausoleum was built under heavy influence of China’s traditional theory of geomantic omen on location. f
- Jiang Yu Hotel: Jiang Yu Hotel is a three star hotel. The dining room is on the second floor. It serves Chinese food based on the Huaiyang flavor. Recommended dishes include: Apple in hot toffee and Hot Plate Eggplant.
Place & Transport: Suzhou
Today's Activities: Tongli, Tongli Cruise, Humble Administrators Garden, Rickshaw ride
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tongli: Tongli is an ancient water town with a history of more than one thousand years. It is surrounded by water on its four sides, and there are fifteen rivers inside the town, which are connected by 49 ancient bridges. Here you can also visit beautiful gardens, temples, and former residence of some famous figures in Chinese history.
- Tongli Cruise: Tongli Cruise is the best way to experince this water town.
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the largest one of all the gardens in Suzhou. Centered around a large pond, there are numerous pavilions, bridges, terraces, chambers and towers. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, because a lot of walking is needed here.
- Rickshaw ride: The rickshaw tour takes you into the old alleys of Suzhou City, where you can see ancient houses and bridges, and also the local people's life.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Hangzhou, Train No. D5471 (Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Panmen Gate, The Grand Canal, Suzhou No.1 Silk Spinning Mill, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
- Panmen Gate: Pan Gate is the only existing ancient city gate in China that has both land and water entrances. It is part of the ancient city wall built in 514 BC that surrounded and protected Suzhou City.
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal is the longest man-made waterway in the world. As you sail along the canal on boat, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of lakes, as well as people life alongside the banks.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: Located near Humble Administrator's Garden, this old famous restaurant and serves Suzhou cuisine. The dishes are famous for the fresh ingredients and traditional cooking methods. It is a very popular restaurant in Suzhou.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: Lingyin Temple, Cruise on the West Lake, Six Harmonies Pagoda, Meijiawu Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- Lingyin Temple: Built in 326, Lingyin Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China that features numerous Buddhist pagodas, grottoes and rock carvings. The Feilai Peak beside the temple is 209-meter-tall limestone hill, very different from the surrounding sandstone mountains.
- Cruise on the West Lake: Take a small boat with maximum occupancy of 20 seats to Fairy Island in West Lake. It usually takes about 10 minutes to get to the island.
- Six Harmonies Pagoda: The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City.The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake".
Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it's Hangzhou style dishes.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Huangshan
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Hangzhou to Huangshan, Tunxi Acient Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tunxi Acient Street: The old commercial street is located in the center of Huangshan City. With a length of 832 meters, Tunxi Old Street preserves the architecture style of Song, Ming and Qing Dynasties. It is for pedestrians only, and you can find hundreds of shops, some are time-honored brands for more than 100 years.
Place & Transport: Huangshan
Today's Activities: The Yellow Mountains, Cableway up
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Yellow Mountains: The massive mountain range is considered to be the loveliest mountain in China, and is well known for its gorgeous scenery in every season. Its four supreme sights are Huangshan pine trees, peculiarly-shaped rocks, hot springs and the sea of clouds from above.
- Cableway up: You can enjoy the scenery along the way up to the yellow mountain by cable car.
Place & Transport: Huangshan to Shanghai, Shanghai Airlines FM9264 (Huangshan Tunxi Airport - Shanghai Hongqiao Airport) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hongcun Village, Xidi Village, Cableway down, , Hotel to airport Transfer (Huangshan)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leigang villa
- Hongcun Village: It is an ancient village located near the southwest slopes of Huangshan Scenic Area. With a history of 800 years, Hongcun has Ming and Qing Dynasties'architecture and carvings that are said to be among the best in China. Its picturesque scenery has drawn numerous artists and students to come and paint here.
- Xidi Village: Xidi Ancient Village was built about 900 years ago in the Song Dynasty. The major attractions are over 100 wooden houses with beautiful carvings that were preserved from Ming and Qing Dynasties. The memorial archway is also worth visiting.
- Cableway down: You can enjoy the scenery along the way down to the yellow mountain by cable car.
- Leigang villa: Located on the top of the Leigang hill, Leigang Villa restaurant serves local style Chinese food. Lunch is served in a beautiful environment with pleasant scenery, as the restaurant is surrounded by a forest of bamboo and peach trees. The restaurant has a bird's eye view of Hongcun village.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Huangshan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai To Nanjing Transfer via: Train, D5410 (Our arrangements)
Nanjing To Suzhou Transfer via: Train, D5435 (Our arrangements)
Suzhou To Hangzhou Transfer via: Train, D5471 (Our arrangements)
HUANGSHAN To SHANGHAI Transfer via: Flight, FM9264 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Other Tours in shanghai
- 5 Day Nanjing, Wuxi, Suzhou Tour $794
- 7 Day Shanghai, Qufu, Mount Tai, Qingdao Round trip $1232
- 3 Day Shanghai City Tour $256
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.