7 Day Beijing, Xian, Beijing TourFrom:
$839 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hall of Clocks and Watches, Hutong Tour including Prince Gong's Mansion, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It sits in the northeast of the Forbidden City, there are more than 200 clocks and watches belonged to the 18 century on display. Mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, those clocks and watches have been working over 200 years, but they are still working quite well. They are stylish, sophisticated best represents the technical standard at that time. Some Chinese made timepieces are on display as well.
- Hutong Tour including Prince Gong's Mansion: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house get to see how life goes on within the traditional architectures. Then walk on Yinding Bridge, visit Prince Gong's Mansion and exlpore Pipe Street.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Overnight train, Train No. Z19 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station - Xian Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center), Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Traditional Mongolia Restaurant
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony: Summer Palace is China's largest and best preserved imperial garden. Covering an area of 290 hectares, Summer Palace mainly consists of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake. Visitors can enjoy a short cruise on the lake, or watch Beijing Opera at the Garden of Virtue and Harmony.
- Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center): Olympic Green was the main venue for competitions of 2008 Beijing Olympics. Covering an area of 1215 hectares, the park contains green forests, national musuems, exhibition areas, Olympic village and competition venues. A walk inside the park will enable you to see the major venues of the Games, such as Bird's Nest and Water Cube from outside.
- Traditional Mongolia Restaurant: Traditional Mongolia Restaurant is located near the Forbidden City. It serves northern Chinese food based on Mongolia cuisine. It brings Mongolia's long and distinguished cultural and literary history. A traditional Mongolian yurt (tent) is available on the third floor but a reservation is needed and a surcharge applies. Live performances of Mongolian music are sometimes preformed in the restaurant.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Xian
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Xian), Shaanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall, Muslim Street, Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch)
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
- Ancient City Wall: The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defences still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre. You can walk, rent a bike,rickshaw or take an electric cart around the full 14km circuit, with great views of the city on either side. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Muslim Street: The 500-meter-long avenue paved by blue stones gathers many restaurants, food stands and souvenir shops, which are mostly run by Muslim people. A walk through the Muslim Quarter is an interesting experience,as it not only prvides good opportunities for food and shopping, but also see the vibrant life there.
- Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch): Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant is located near the Hanguang Gate of Xi'an City Wall and has a capacity of 200 people. This restaurant features for Cantonese cuisine and seafood along with a great variety of refreshments. It has become popular for its elegant environment and excellent service.
Place & Transport: Xian to Overnight train, Train No. Z20 (Xian Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Da Wan Cheng Hotel(A La Carte)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: It has become the symbol of Xi'an City since its construction in 652. The pagoda is about 64 meters tall, and it was built to house Buddhist sutras and figurines that Monk Xuanzang brought back from India. Ci'en Temple at the foot of the pagoda has several Buddhist halls and statues that are worth visiting.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Beijing
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Xian||Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian||Sunworld Hotel Beijing||Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing|
|Beijing||Sunworld Hotel Beijing||Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing|
|Xian||Grand Noble Hotel||Xian Skytel Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing West To Xian Transfer via: Train, Z19 (Our arrangements)
Xian To Beijing Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.