2 Day Weekend Tour to Chengde from BeijingFrom:
$334 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Beijing Guide
Place & Transport: Beijing to Chengde
Today's Activities: The Jinshanling Great Wall, Our guide and driver will escort you from Beijing to Chengde, Chengde Summer Palace
Meals: Chinese Lunch
- The Jinshanling Great Wall: This section of the Great Wall has never been reparied since its construction in 1368. Jinshangling stretches about 10 kilometers long, and has 67 enemy watch towers. There are fewer tourists at Jinshanling, and the best way to explore this section is on foot.
- Chengde Summer Palace: Chengde Summer Palace covers an area od 5.6 million square meters, and is a masterpiece of Chinese ancient gardens. It was a place for emperors in the Qing Dynasty to spend their summer and escape the heat in Beijing. It also has a museum which shows the history and culture of the Qing Dynasty.
Place & Transport: Chengde to Beijing
Today's Activities: Pule Temple, Putuozongcheng Temple, Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengde to Beijing
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Pule Temple: It was built in 1766, combining traditional Chinese, Tibetan and Mongolian styles. It was built for the visiting Mongolian and other minority dignataries. There is a relica of the Temple of Heaven at the rear of the temple.
- Putuozongcheng Temple: Also called "Little Potala", the Putuozongcheng Temple was built to show the emperor's respect for ethnic people and their religiou beliefs. The complex is a marvelous sight with red walls that contrast against the green mountain as the backdrop. About sixty white platforms lay out randomly along the mountain slope.
|City||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Chengde||Qianyang Hotel||Mountain Villa Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Chengde by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Beijing, with literal meaning of "northern capital", is a metropolis in northern China and the capital of the People's Republic of China. As a major transportation hub, it is also the center of politics, education, and culture in China.
With a 3,000-year-long history, Beijing is one of the world's most ancient cities. Covering an area of 16,808 square kilometers, it is the second largest city in China next only to Shanghai. The city is divided into 16 districts and two rural counties, with about 13 million people.