Rent a bike to the sight of Pingyao Ancient Town. It’s famous for the traditional Chinese art of paper-cut.
2 Day Weekend Tour to Pingyao from BeijingFrom:
$378 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Beijing Guide
Place & Transport: Beijing to Taiyuan to Pingyao, Train No. D2003 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station - Taiyuan Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Taiyuan), Our guide and driver will escort you from Taiyuan to Pingyao, Pingyao Ancient Town, Wang Family Courtyard
Meals: Chinese Lunch
- Pingyao Ancient Town: The ancient town of Pingyao was a financial center of China in ancient times. It still retains its layout, residential houses, streets and storefronts just as they were in Ming and Qing Dynasties. Its city walls were constructed in 1370, and it has Rishengchang, China’s first back inside the town.
- Wang Family Courtyard: Wang Family Courtyard is a masterpiece of private residence architecture of Qing Dynasty. It was built by the Wang Family, historically one of the four notable large families in Lingshi County. The architecture is magnificent in scale, with five forts, five alleys and five ancestral temple.
Place & Transport: Pingyao to Overnight train to Departure City, Train No. K604 (Pingyao Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street, Armed Escort Company Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Pingyao)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Rishengchang Draft Bank: Pingyao was a financial center of China in Qing Dynasty. Rishengchang Draft Bank was established in 1823, and was considered the first draft bank in China.
- The Mingqing Street: The thoroughfare is well preserved with its original architectural style of Ming and Qing Dynasties. Numerous shops line the streets, and you can have a look or buy many traditional Chinese handicrafts.
- Armed Escort Company Museum: Armed Escort Company once played a significant role in promoting comerce in Ming and Qing dynasties. The museum tells stories of the founder-members and introduce some famous wings of martial arts.
- Ancient City Wall: The ancient city wall of Pingyao was built in 1370, and today it still retains its original appearance. A moat of 4-meters wide and 4 meters deep is just outside the walls. The wall is about 12 meters high with a perimeter of 6000 meters. Altogether there are 72 watchtowers and 3000 battlements.
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Pingyao||Pingyao International Financiers' Club||Hongshanyi Guesthouse||Dejuyuan Inn|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Taiyuan, Pingyao by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing West To Taiyuan Transfer via: Train, D2003 (Our arrangements)
Pingyao To Beijing West Transfer via: Train, K604 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Beijing, with literal meaning of "northern capital", is a metropolis in northern China and the capital of the People's Republic of China. As a major transportation hub, it is also the center of politics, education, and culture in China.
With a 3,000-year-long history, Beijing is one of the world's most ancient cities. Covering an area of 16,808 square kilometers, it is the second largest city in China next only to Shanghai. The city is divided into 16 districts and two rural counties, with about 13 million people.