Experience the imperial life in The Forbidden City, palace of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
6 Day Beijing, Pingyao, Beijing TourFrom:
$687 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Beijing Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, Hall of Clocks and Watches, The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It sits in the northeast of the Forbidden City, there are more than 200 clocks and watches belonged to the 18 century on display. Mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, those clocks and watches have been working over 200 years, but they are still working quite well. They are stylish, sophisticated best represents the technical standard at that time. Some Chinese made timepieces are on display as well.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Taiyuan to Pingyao, Train No. D2003 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station - Taiyuan Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Taiyuan), Our guide and driver will escort you from Taiyuan to Pingyao, Pingyao Ancient Town, Wang Family Courtyard
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Pingyao Ancient Town: The ancient town of Pingyao was a financial center of China in ancient times. It still retains its layout, residential houses, streets and storefronts just as they were in Ming and Qing Dynasties. Its city walls were constructed in 1370, and it has Rishengchang, China’s first back inside the town.
- Wang Family Courtyard: Wang Family Courtyard is a masterpiece of private residence architecture of Qing Dynasty. It was built by the Wang Family, historically one of the four notable large families in Lingshi County. The architecture is magnificent in scale, with five forts, five alleys and five ancestral temple.
Place & Transport: Pingyao to Overnight train, Train No. K604 (Pingyao Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street, Armed Escort Company Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Pingyao)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Rishengchang Draft Bank: Pingyao was a financial center of China in Qing Dynasty. Rishengchang Draft Bank was established in 1823, and was considered the first draft bank in China.
- The Mingqing Street: The thoroughfare is well preserved with its original architectural style of Ming and Qing Dynasties. Numerous shops line the streets, and you can have a look or buy many traditional Chinese handicrafts.
- Armed Escort Company Museum: Armed Escort Company once played a significant role in promoting comerce in Ming and Qing dynasties. The museum tells stories of the founder-members and introduce some famous wings of martial arts.
- Ancient City Wall: The ancient city wall of Pingyao was built in 1370, and today it still retains its original appearance. A moat of 4-meters wide and 4 meters deep is just outside the walls. The wall is about 12 meters high with a perimeter of 6000 meters. Altogether there are 72 watchtowers and 3000 battlements.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Beijing to Departure City
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Taiyuan, Pingyao by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing West To Taiyuan Transfer via: Train, D2003 (Our arrangements)
Pingyao To Beijing West Transfer via: Train, K604 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Beijing, with literal meaning of "northern capital", is a metropolis in northern China and the capital of the People's Republic of China. As a major transportation hub, it is also the center of politics, education, and culture in China.
With a 3,000-year-long history, Beijing is one of the world's most ancient cities. Covering an area of 16,808 square kilometers, it is the second largest city in China next only to Shanghai. The city is divided into 16 districts and two rural counties, with about 13 million people.