Visit Wuhou Temple, a great place to see local life from the Three Kingdoms period.
5 Day Chengdu City Tour Plus Mount EmeiFrom:
$643 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Chengdu Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Panda Breeding and Research Center, Wu Hou Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage: It is a museum dedicated to Du Fu, China's great poet of Tang Dynasty. Du Fu spent 5 years in Chengdu, which was at the peak of his creativity, and during this time he lived in this thatched cottage. The museum is surrounded by a beautiful large garden.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center: Situated in the suburbs of Chengdu City, it is home to the Giant Pandas, Lesser Pandas as well as some other endangered species. Here you can see Pandas eat, rest or play, or visit the Panda nursery room and and get to know about the breeding program.
- Wu Hou Temple: It is a temple in memoriam of Zhuge Liang (181-234), a famous Chinese military strategist. The temple has several peaceful gardens and memorial halls, with some impressive statues and many inscribed stone tablets.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Emeishan
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Emeishan, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha, Baoguo monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Leshan Giant Buddha: The Leshan Giant Buddha is by far the largest stone-carved sitting Buddha statue in the world. It is situated to the east of Leshan City, at the confluence of Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River. Its stone sculpture faces the Mount Emei, and is at 71 meters tall with his hands resting on his knees.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha: The Leshan Giant Buddha is by far the largest stone-carved sitting Buddha statue in the world. It is situated to the east of Leshan City, at the confluence of Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River. Its stone sculpture faces the Mount Emei, and is at 71 meters tall with his hands resting on his knees.
- Baoguo monastery : Baoguo Monastery is one of the eight main temples in Mt. Emei and is considered to be the first temple in Mt .Emei. It was built in the 16th century, enlarged in the 17th century and rebuilt in recent years. The most famous 3.5-meter porcelain Buddha, made in 1415, is housed near the Sutra Library.
Place & Transport: Emeishan to Chengdu
Today's Activities: Emei Mountain, Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, , Our guide and driver will escort you from Emeishan to Chengdu, Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Emei Mountain : As one of the most famous mountains for Buddhism in China, Mt.Emei which is also on the list of the World Famous Cultural Relics is a must-see place during your visit in China. There are four wonders of Mt.Emei, including the Golden Summit Sunrise, sea of clouds, Buddha's Halo and the Holy Lamp.
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years: 1,043 meters above sea level, was built in the 4th century. It was burned several times in the following centuries. The present brick building was reconstructed in the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). The Brick Hall, a domed building with small stupas on it, was built of bricks. In the hall is a statue of the Bodhisattva. Puxian on a white elephant, 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze. It weight is estimated 62,000 kilograms.
- Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years: The Wannian Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries to be found on Mount Emei. It is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian who famous for his preaching.
Place & Transport: Depart Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu, Emeishan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Chengdu, the provincial capital of Sichuan Province and the cultural heart of southwest China, is located on the edge of the fertile plains of the Red Basin in the central part of Sichuan Province.The city is 192 kilometers (about 119 miles) from west to east and 166 kilometers (103 miles) from south to north, covering an areal of 1,239,000 hectare.
Chengdu has been a multi-ethnic region with the total population of 1,125 millions, including 54 minority nationalities inhabiting in the city for the present, and the number of the minority nationalities has reached as many as 60,538. The city was originally built around the Jin Jiang River, so it was also called the "Land of Milk and Honey" in the ancient times.
Over more than 2300 years, the city is famous all over the world for its natural resources and culture relics as well as its fabulous history though there were wars and natural disasters in the process of development of the city.