Take the Li River Cruise and enjoy the stunning and picturesque scenery along the Li River.
4 Day Guilin and Yangshuo TourFrom:
$401 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Guilin Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin), Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave
Meals: Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant (A La Carte)
Detailed Itinerary: - Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): At the confluence of Li River and Peach Blossom River in the southwest of Guilin city
It is a national 4A scenery spot. The Water Moon Cave is close to the river. The water flows through it and the cave looks like a moon floating in the water. The stone drooped into the water like an elephant drinking the water of the Li River.
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- McFound Restaurant (A La Carte): A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise: The 83-kilometer-long waterway between Guilin and Yangshuo is the essence of Li River. A cruise along Li River is a relaxing and enjoyable experience, where you can not only enjoy the stunning scenery with rolling hills, bamboo groves and limpid water, but also see the daily life of farmers alongside the banks, such as water buffaloes pulling carts, farmers tending rice fields, women washing clothes by the riverbank, or if you are lucky, you might see how cormorants fish in the river.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Yangshuo Countryside Biking, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yangshuo Countryside Biking: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshou traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshou countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local famers.
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Guilin||Sheraton Guilin||Guilin Lijiang Waterfall Hotel||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel|
|Yangshuo||Green Lotus Hotel||Aiyuan Hotel||Aiyuan Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
With a good reputation of enthralling landscape since ancient time, Guilin has always been an important tourist destination all over the world. It has been endowed as the important scenery tourist city and the historical cultural city in China by the State Council of the People's Republic of China. It is also known as the Pearl of the international tourism, characterized by its green hills, clear water, pretty rocks and grotesque caves. It is the typical representative of China's natural scenery as well.
Guilin is located in the south-western of Nanling Mountains, with an average elevation of 150 meters. The name “Guilin” means "forest of Sweet Osmanthus", owing to the large number of fragrant Sweet Osmanthus trees located in the city.
It is a typical Karst topography with the limestone eroded for hundreds of millions of years. Therefore, it has formed a lot of unique landscapes. Among them the most representative Guilin attractions are: Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill, South Creek Hill, Yao mountain, Solitary Beauty Peak, Seven Star Cave, Reed Flute Cave and so on. The most beautiful section of Li River lies in the territory of Yangshuo Town. Other towns of Guilin also have a myriad of beautiful scenery spots. Among them there are Longji Terraces, Lingqu canal in Xing'an Town and drift in Zi Jiang, all of which will bring you lots of surprise.
Guilin is a cultural ancient city. With more than two thousand years history, it has rich cultural heritage and has attracted numerous poets’ scholars and calligraphers with its miraculous peaks and streams. Those people wrote many famous poems and articles and left more than two thousand pieces of carved stone and frescos. In addition, there are many monuments and sites here. These unique landscapes have made Guilin gain lots of praises such as “traveling the mountains in Guilin makes you know more about the history of this city while looking the sights of rivers seems like enjoying beautiful paintings”. In a word, the long history has endowed rich culture to this ancient and beautiful city.
With rich tourism resources and unique charm of the city, Guilin is the first batch of "China Excellent Tourism City"; it is introduced as the world's most important tourist destinations in China by the World Tourism Organization. And it gained many other honorary titles including "National Garden City", "National Health City" and “the Charming City of China".
Li River is a beautiful river in Guangxi Province, considered as a pearl of China's beautiful landscape. It is the essence of Guilin scenery.
Elephant Trunk Hill is a hill located on the western bank of Li River, which looks like a giant elephant drinking water with its trunk. It is well-known as a symbol of Guilin landscape.
Reed Flute Cave in Guilin is a limestone cave with a large number of stalactites, stalagmites, stalacto-stalagmites, rocky curtains, and cave corals. It is regarded as the “nature palace of art."
Fubo Hill, located outside the Fu Bo Gate of East Guilin, is one of the famous scenic spots of Guilin along Li River. Climbing to the top of the hill offers visitors an extensive view of some charming scenery, such as the sunrise over Yao Hill and the sight of Old Man Hill in the distance.
Ancient Town of Daxu, built in 200 A.D., is one of the four famous historical towns in Guangxi province. It is located at the east bank of the Li River about 18km (11.18 miles) southeast of Guilin. It is a hub of waterway transportation, as well as a distribution center of fair trade.
Lingqu Canal, located in northeastern Xing'an Town, Guilin, is one of the three big water conservation projects of ancient China and the oldest existing canal in the world. Dug in 214 BC, it totals a length of 36.5 kilometers.