As one of the deepest and most marvelous gorges, Tiger Leaping Gorges are located in Hutiaoxia Town, 105 kilometers away from Zhongdian/Shangri-La County.
6 Day Guangzhou, Kunming, Lijiang, Guangzhou TourFrom:
$1348 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Guangzhou Guide
Place & Transport: Guangzhou to Kunming,
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kunming)
Place & Transport: Kunming
Today's Activities: Dian Lake (Dianchi)-Cableway, Xishan Longmen Chair Lift, Chair Lift to the West Hill, The Stone Forest, The Dragon Gate on Xishan/West Hill
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Dian Lake (Dianchi)-Cableway: Set among settlements, rugged hills and fertile flat farmlands, the elongated Dianchi Lake is a fabulous place for a scenic touring and hiking. It is the 6th largest freshwater Lake in China nicknamed "the sparkling pearl imbedded in a highland" and it was the model for the Kunming Lake in the Summer Palace in Beijing.
- Xishan Longmen Chair Lift: The Western Hills have the nickname of the "A Sleeping Beauty Hills". In actuality, the Western Hills is a forested and lovely park which is perfect, take the cable car to enjoy the natural sceneres.
- Chair Lift to the West Hill: Take a Chair Lift to visit the West Hill for a bird‘s eye view of Kunming City and Dian Lake.
- The Stone Forest: It is a notable and magnificent set of karst formations located about 90 kilometers from Kunming City. The various karst landsape emenate from the ground due to millions of years' of earth movement. The area around is home to ethnic groups such as Yi and Sani. Their folk customs, beautiful embroideries and ethnic dances will leave you a deep impression.
- The Dragon Gate on Xishan/West Hill: More than 200 years ago, a Taoist monk and his co-workers came here. They left us the group of grottoes, sculptures, corridors and pavilions. The Dragon Gate on West Hill is located 1.5 km west of Kunming. You can not only enjoy the beauty of the Dragon Gate but also get the opportunity to visit Dianchi Lake which is not far away from the Dragon Gate.
Place & Transport: Kunming to Lijiang,
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Lijiang), The Black Dragon Pool, Lion Hill, Lijiang Ancient Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant
- The Black Dragon Pool: Listed in the Collections of Famous Pools of China, the Black Dragon Pool deserves more attention. The Black Dragon Park is named after the Black Dragon Pool. It is a good place for sightseeing and enjoying leisure time.
- Lion Hill: Both the hill and the wooden structure called Wangulou provide good views of the Old Town and the surrounding countryside.
- Lijiang Ancient Town: The old town of Lijiang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has a long history and splended culture. It is famous for its orderly layout of waterways, bridges, wooden-structure houses, cobblestone streets and relaxing atmosphere. Cars are not allowed in the old city in order to protect the wnvironment. There are numerous bars and coffee shops where you can idle away.
- No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant: The restaurant is decorated in courtyard style of Naxi region and mainly provides Naxi cuisine as well some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang
Today's Activities: The Yufengsi Lamasery/The Jade Summit Lamasery, Naxi Village, Yunshanping on Jade Snow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Baisha Shiguang Restaurant
- The Yufengsi Lamasery/The Jade Summit Lamasery: Built in the Qing Dynasty and famous for camellias in the temple. Being the traditional Sihe Yard layout, consisting of the gate building, the main palace and two stone tigers, it represents the architecture style of Qing Dynasty. There are many dragon relieve and exquisite Buddhist paintings in the main palace.
- Naxi Village: Baisha village is one of the Naxi Minority villages in Lijiang and about 16 kilometers north of Lijiang City. It is significant to the Naxi as the birthplace of "Tusi" (the Chinese word means chieftain of a clan) of Mu clan. Sometimes, the locals will get together to sing their distinctive traditional songs. The village retains it is authenticity and therefore contains many old houses which are still used by locals. A family visit can be arranged in advance.
- Yunshanping on Jade Snow Mountain: It is a large patch of pasture tucked away hidden amongst a virgin spruce forest on the eastern side of the Yulong Snow Mountain.
- Baisha Shiguang Restaurant: The restaurant is located in Baisha Village and provides mainly Naxi cuisine along with some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang
Today's Activities: Tiger Leaping Gorge, View the first bent of Yangtze River at The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tiger Leaping Gorge Restaurant
- Tiger Leaping Gorge Restaurant: Seating at Tiger Leaping Gorge Restaurant gives a great scenery and the town of Tiger Leaping Gorge. The 130 seat restaurant serves local dishes and provides a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the landscape while dining.
- Tiger Leaping Gorge: As one of the deepest and most marvelous gorges, Tiger Leaping Gorges are located in Hutiaoxia Town, 105 kilometers away from Zhongdian/Shangri-La County. Spring is the best time to visit, as melting snow flowing down from mountains makes the river turbulence at its peak.
- View the first bent of Yangtze River at The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town): Stone Drum Town stands the base of the mountain flanking First Bay on the Yangtze River. This town derives its name from a white marble carved monument in the shape of a drum. It has a diameter of 15 m and is 0.7 m tall. This historically relevant stone monument was erected during one of the earliest periods of history of the Lijiang area.
Place & Transport: Lijiang to Guangzhou,
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Kunming||Grand park hotel||Kunming New Era Hotel||King World Hotel|
|Lijiang||Crowne Plaza Lijiang Ancient Town||Lijiang Yinxiang Old City Hotel||Sanhe Hotel Lijiang|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guangzhou, Kunming, Lijiang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Guangzhou To Kunming Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Kunming To Lijiang Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
LIJIANG To GUANGZHOU Transfer via: Flight, CZ3488 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province, located in south-central of Guangdong Province, next to the Pearl River Delta in northern side. It is the center of the political, economic and cultural of Guangdong Province, as well as the transportation hinge in southern China.
Guangzhou is close to the South China Sea, near the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Macao Special Administrative Region. It is the southern gateway of China to the world. Guangzhou belongs mainly to foothills, with high terrain in the northeast and low in the southwest. There are mountainous in the north and northeast region while the central region is covered with hills and terraces, and in the south there is alluvial plain of the Pearl River Delta. The No.3 longest river in China- Pearl River flows through Guangzhou.
Guangzhou is the important industrial base in China, as well as the comprehensive industrial manufacturing center in South China. With many years’ development, Guangzhou has formed a complete range of well developed light industry. It has good foundation of heavy industry, well developed comprehensive capabilities, research and technical skills. Guangzhou has 34 of the 40 major categories industrial sectors of China. Guangzhou industry occupies an important position in the national economy and the industrial added value share more than 1 / 3of gross domestic product in the city's total product valued. The industrial output of automobile manufacturing, electronic communications and petrochemical industries occupies about 1 / 3 of the city's gross industrial output value.
With the introduction of advanced technology, textile, food, medicine, building materials and other traditional industries have developed into a new ground. The electronic communications, consumer electronics, fine chemical, petrochemical and other industries have led many high-tech industries to develop rapidly. Guangzhou’s Industries have a clear comparative advantage in the Pearl River Delta, South China region and even Southeast Asia.
There are a number of cultural relics in Guangzhou. Guangzhou's tourism industry owns a multi-function, multi-level, full-service style which has combined catering, accommodation, shopping, and entertainment.
A large numbers of cultural relics, scenic spots and cultural landscape make visitors amazing. Cantonese cuisine with its wonderful color, smell, shape and taste bring Guangzhou the laudatory name of "Guangzhou is the only place for best eating". There are a number of five-star hotels and other hotels with different serving level."One-day tour in Guangzhou " has become a feature of tourism brand there.