Be overwhelmed by Potala Palace, a awe-inspiring maze of corridors and stairs leading through countless rooms of richly decorated statues, tombs, murals and antiques
5 Day Guangzhou, Lhasa, Guangzhou TourFrom:
$1541 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Guangzhou Guide
Place & Transport: Guangzhou to Lhasa, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Potala Palace, Barkhor Street, Jokhang Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Steak House Restaurant
- Potala Palace: Built in the seventh century, Potala Palace was the former winter home of Dalai Lamas. Today it served as a huge museum that houses and exhibits precious materials and articles of the history, arts, religion and culture of Tibet.
- Barkhor Street: It is the oldest street in Lhasa with colorful Tibetan features. Varieties of commodities are sold here and present to you all aspects of Tibetan life. You will also see pilgrims from different places of Tibet with praying wheels circling around the Jokhang Monastery.
- Jokhang Temple: Johkang Monastery is located in the center of Lhasa old city, near the bustling Barkhor Street. The monastery is the product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. It is the worshipping center in Lhasa, and many locals come here to pray regularly.
- Steak House Restaurant: Steak House is near the Potala Palace and serves mainly Western and Tibetan cuisine. Surrounded by the alluring landscape, it is a great dining experience while traveling in Tibet.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka, Sera Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Snowland Restaurant
- Drepung Monastery: Located 5 kilometers from Lhasa city center, Trepung Monastery is the largest monastery in Tibet. It was founded in 1416. Its white grand buildings makes a contrast under the sunlight against the black mountain at its back.
- Norbulingka: Built in 1755, Norbulingka served as the summer retreat for Dalai Lama. It covers an area of 360,000 square meters, and is made up of three main palaces. The garden has 370 rooms, with waterside pavilions, lakes, hills and grasslands dotted around them.
- Sera Monastery: Sera Monastery is one of the three greatest monasteries in Tibet. It is grand in scale, with an area of 114,964 square meters. It is the venue where monks hold daily debates.
- Snowland Restaurant: The Snowland Restaurant is near the Potala Palace. It mainly caters to overseas tourists with Chinese, Western, Nepalese, Japanese, Indian and Tibetan cuisines. This 80 seat restaurant provides authentic food, a multiple language men and has obtained a great reputation.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Yangpachen, Lake Namtso
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yangpachen : Covering an area of about 150,000 square meters, Yambajan is famous for its hot spring. It is a nice choice for those who want to get a close look at the Tibetan herders and their semi-nomadic lifestyle. It is 87 kilometers away from Lhasa and situated in the basin at the foot of Nyainqentanglha Mountains to the northwest of Lhasa.
- Lake Namtso: Covering a total area of more than 1,900 square kilometers, Lake Namtso is the second largest salt lake in China. Lake Namtso means "holy lake" in the Tibetan language and has an elevation of 4,718 meters. The lake is beautiful with its azure water and surrounding snow capped peaks. There is a gravel road from Damxung to the lake. In the rainy season, the route can be quite difficult.
Place & Transport: Lhasa to Guangzhou, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Lhasa||Xinding Hotel||Lhasa Hotel||Shangbala Hotel Lhasa|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guangzhou, Lhasa by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Guangzhou To Lhasa Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Lhasa To Guangzhou Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province, located in south-central of Guangdong Province, next to the Pearl River Delta in northern side. It is the center of the political, economic and cultural of Guangdong Province, as well as the transportation hinge in southern China.
Guangzhou is close to the South China Sea, near the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Macao Special Administrative Region. It is the southern gateway of China to the world. Guangzhou belongs mainly to foothills, with high terrain in the northeast and low in the southwest. There are mountainous in the north and northeast region while the central region is covered with hills and terraces, and in the south there is alluvial plain of the Pearl River Delta. The No.3 longest river in China- Pearl River flows through Guangzhou.
Guangzhou is the important industrial base in China, as well as the comprehensive industrial manufacturing center in South China. With many years’ development, Guangzhou has formed a complete range of well developed light industry. It has good foundation of heavy industry, well developed comprehensive capabilities, research and technical skills. Guangzhou has 34 of the 40 major categories industrial sectors of China. Guangzhou industry occupies an important position in the national economy and the industrial added value share more than 1 / 3of gross domestic product in the city's total product valued. The industrial output of automobile manufacturing, electronic communications and petrochemical industries occupies about 1 / 3 of the city's gross industrial output value.
With the introduction of advanced technology, textile, food, medicine, building materials and other traditional industries have developed into a new ground. The electronic communications, consumer electronics, fine chemical, petrochemical and other industries have led many high-tech industries to develop rapidly. Guangzhou’s Industries have a clear comparative advantage in the Pearl River Delta, South China region and even Southeast Asia.
There are a number of cultural relics in Guangzhou. Guangzhou's tourism industry owns a multi-function, multi-level, full-service style which has combined catering, accommodation, shopping, and entertainment.
A large numbers of cultural relics, scenic spots and cultural landscape make visitors amazing. Cantonese cuisine with its wonderful color, smell, shape and taste bring Guangzhou the laudatory name of "Guangzhou is the only place for best eating". There are a number of five-star hotels and other hotels with different serving level."One-day tour in Guangzhou " has become a feature of tourism brand there.