Interested in Buddhist culture? Pay a visit to Lingyin Temple, famous for its more than 470 stone carvings of Buddhist figures.
7 Day Hangzhou and Huangshan Culture TourFrom:
$1027 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Hangzhou Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Hangzhou, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Hangzhou)
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: Lingyin Temple, Six Harmonies Pagoda, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Meijiawu Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- Lingyin Temple: Built in 326, Lingyin Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China that features numerous Buddhist pagodas, grottoes and rock carvings. The Feilai Peak beside the temple is 209-meter-tall limestone hill, very different from the surrounding sandstone mountains.
- Six Harmonies Pagoda: The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City.The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake".
Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) : West Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful scenic spots in China, with its scene "Three Pools Mirroring the Moon" printed at the back of 20 yuan banknote serving as the proof. Rolling mountains surround the lake, dotted along are some ancient buildings such as pavilions, pagodas and arched bridges. It is a very relaxing experience to boat on the lake.
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it's Hangzhou style dishes.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: Ancient Village Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Ancient Village Wuzhen: Wuzhen is a famous ancient water town. It has a history of over 6000 years, which is displayed through its ancient stone bridges floating on soft water, its stone pathways between the mottled walls and its delicate wood carvings. Once the former residence of Mao Dun, a famous Chinese writer, Wuzhen also has profound cultural background.
- Wu Zhen boat cruise: About 20 minutes' ride on the wooden boats offers a good opportunity for visitors to enjoy the elegant watery views, tranquil atmosphere and colorful local traditions.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Huangshan, Express Bus
Today's Activities: Hotel to bus station Transfer (Hangzhou), Express bus station transfer (Huangshan), Xidi Village, Hongcun Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leigang villa
- Xidi Village: Xidi Ancient Village was built about 900 years ago in the Song Dynasty. The major attractions are over 100 wooden houses with beautiful carvings that were preserved from Ming and Qing Dynasties. The memorial archway is also worth visiting.
- Hongcun Village: It is an ancient village located near the southwest slopes of Huangshan Scenic Area. With a history of 800 years, Hongcun has Ming and Qing Dynasties'architecture and carvings that are said to be among the best in China. Its picturesque scenery has drawn numerous artists and students to come and paint here.
- Leigang villa: Located on the top of the Leigang hill, Leigang Villa restaurant serves local style Chinese food. Lunch is served in a beautiful environment with pleasant scenery, as the restaurant is surrounded by a forest of bamboo and peach trees. The restaurant has a bird's eye view of Hongcun village.
Place & Transport: Huangshan
Today's Activities: The Yellow Mountains, Yungu Cable Car
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Yellow Mountains: The massive mountain range is considered to be the loveliest mountain in China, and is well known for its gorgeous scenery in every season. Its four supreme sights are Huangshan pine trees, peculiarly-shaped rocks, hot springs and the sea of clouds from above.
- Yungu Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way to the yellow mountain by cable car.
Place & Transport: Huangshan to Hangzhou,
Today's Activities: Shexian Tangyue Memorial Arches, Hotel to bus station Transfer (Huangshan), Express bus station transfer (Hangzhou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Shexian Tangyue Memorial Arches: Known as the "Town of Arches", Shexian is a must see for fine examples of residential architecture and memorial arches from Ming and Qing dynasties. Shexian has thousands of arhes. It is a great place to explore the social culture in China’s feudal society. Closing to the Tangyue Memorial Arch Group, there stands the Bao Family Garden. It will be a good way to spend a few hours visiting the both scenic spots.
Place & Transport: Depart Hangzhou, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Hangzhou)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hangzhou, Huangshan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Hangzhou, the city located at China's southeast coast, is the capital of Zhejiang Province and also the center of provincial politics, economy and culture. Besides, it's an important traffic hub in Southeast of China as well as the second center city of Yangtze River Delta Region. With its developed economy, Hangzhou has ranked the second in China according to its GDP and one of the nationwide ten top large and medium cities by its aggregate economic strength.
With a long history of over 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of the seven ancient cities in China. It is abundant in culture scenes: ancient yards, parks, architectures, pavilions, temples, fountains, grottos, plaques and so on. Visitors will be impressed by its bead curtains and jaspers, different bridges and misty galleries, clear water and delightful climate, unique stones and spectacular caves. All such beautiful and attractive scenes have long led Hangzhou to be a very famous tourism city both in China and abroad. As early as the Song Dynasty, great literati Su Dongpo reputed Hangzhou in such saying "With its famous sceneries, Hangzhou is the best place for visiting in the world". And here's a widely expressed Chinese proverb "in heaven there is paradise and on earth there are Hangzhou and Suzhou". What's more, Marco Polo also described this city as "the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world".
West Lake, the fascinating fairyland, used to be described as a charming Oriental beauty by Sudongpo. For the existence of West Lake, Hangzhou leaps to be one of most beautiful and luxurious cities in China.
As one of four famous ancient towns in Jiangnan ,Wuzhen is a typical Jiangnan town, with a reputation of "hometown of fertile fish and rice, mansion of silk". The special character of Wuzhen is that it wholly shows the Jiangnan Building style: streets are built on river, buildings face river, streets are linked with bridges, and town and water are combined into a body.
Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal
Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal is the earliest, longest and largest project in the world’s canal history. Covering a total of 1,794 kilometers, the Grand Canal communicates Haihe River, Yellow River, Huaihe River, Yangtze River, and Qiantang River. The opening of the Grand Canal shapes a colorful Grand Canal Culture and attracts millions of visitors from the whole China and even all over the world.
Surrounded with many old trees, groves of bamboo, and quiet and beautiful environment, www.alipfrance.com/.../atelier%20in%20the%20news%20070620%20journal%20EFL.pdfLingyin Temple is the earliest temple in Hangzhou, also the largest of several Buddhist temples in the Wulin Mountain Range., and one of the most beautiful and significant Buddhist monasteries in China.