Tongli is recommended for tourists who love a tranquil environment.
5 Day Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuxi, NanjingFrom:
$832 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Shanghai Guide
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou, Humble Administrators Garden, Tongli, Tongli Cruise, Suzhou Embrodidery Institution
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the largest one of all the gardens in Suzhou. Centered around a large pond, there are numerous pavilions, bridges, terraces, chambers and towers. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, because a lot of walking is needed here.
- Tongli: Tongli is an ancient water town with a history of more than one thousand years. It is surrounded by water on its four sides, and there are fifteen rivers inside the town, which are connected by 49 ancient bridges. Here you can also visit beautiful gardens, temples, and former residence of some famous figures in Chinese history.
- Tongli Cruise: Tongli Cruise is the best way to experince this water town.
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant: Originally established as a dumpling factory, Yangyang has developed into a restaurant serving diversified cuisine. Combining traditional delicacies with western-style food, Yangyang has been recognized by overseas tourist magazines.
Place & Transport: Suzhou
Today's Activities: The Grand Canal, Tiger Hill, Rickshaw ride, Lingering Garden
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal is the longest man-made waterway in the world. As you sail along the canal on boat, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of lakes, as well as people life alongside the banks.
- Tiger Hill: It has a history of more than 2500 years. The hill itself is surrounded by a beautiful park. Climbing up to the hill, you will see some historical sites, such as Miss Wu's Tomb, Sword Testing Rock, Sword Spring, etc, each has its own tale.
- Rickshaw ride: The rickshaw tour takes you into the old alleys of Suzhou City, where you can see ancient houses and bridges, and also the local people's life.
- Lingering Garden: Lingering Garden is the most complete in architecture forms amongst all the classical gardens in Suzhou. It is characterized by unique layout and strange-shaped rocks. It is seperated into 4 parts, connected by 700 meters of covered walkways.
- Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant: The restaurant is located near the Grand Cannel. It presents home-style dishes based on local flavors and fresh ingredients. It is very popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Wuxi to Nanjing, Train No. D5440 (Wuxi Railway Station Railway Station - Nanjing Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 16:44 - Arr 18:08
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Suzhou to Wuxi, Turtle Head Island, Li Garden, Huishan Clay Figure Workshop, Train station Transfer (Wuxi), Train station Transfer (Nanjing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Turtle Head Island: Yuantouzhu Park combines water landscape with lush woods, exotic rocks and beautiful buildings. It is an ideal place to view the scenery of Taihu Lake, with its location close to the mountain and near the lake.
- Li Garden: Li Garden is located on the west bank of Lihu Lake. It is divided into four sightseeing areas, featuring artificial hills, long corridors, lake waves and the south bank.
- Huishan Clay Figure Workshop: Huishan Clay Figures is one of the three specialties of Wuxi City. It is a famous Chinese folk art with bright colors and vivid image.Huishan Clay Figures have a history of over 1000 years, and have been exported to over 60 countries and regions around the world.
Place & Transport: Nanjing
Today's Activities: Dr Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum, Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge, President Palace
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Dr Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum: The Mausoleum was built in 1926 in memoriam of Dr. Sun-Yet Sen, who is considered as “Father of Modern China”. He fought against the imperial Qing government and founded the Republic of China. The architecture blends the styles of modern architecture and traditional imperial tombs.
- Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge: Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge is the first bridge independently designed and constructed by Chinese people. It is on the list of Guinness World Records as the world's longest bridge featuring the dual functions of a highway and a railway. It is a great bridge. In addition, you can also enjoy the beautiful night scenery here.
- President Palace: When you travel in Nanjing, the President Palace is a must place you should visit. It can be dated back to the Ming Dynasty, expanded during the Taiping's Heavenly Kingdom and served as headquarter of Sun-yat Sen's government. Now it is currently serving as the Nanjing Museum of Chinese Contemporary History.
Place & Transport: Nanjing to Shanghai, Train No. G7019 (Nanjing Railway Station Railway Station - Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 16:00 - Arr 17:27
Today's Activities: Zhonghua Gate, Confucius Temple, Qinhuai River, The Imperial Academy, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Nanjing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Zhonghua Gate: Zhonghua Gate, or Gate of China, was built from 1360 to 1386 in the Ming Dynasty. It is a ceremonial gateway in Nanjing with the most complicated structure in the world, with three closed courtyards, four arched gates serving as the entrance to the city.
- Confucius Temple: Confucius Temple is devoted to the memory of Confucius, the famous ancient Chinese philosopher and educator. The temple was built in Song Dynasty and has been the center of Confucian study for over one thousand years.
- Qinhuai River: The Qinhuai River is a watery slice of history which contains traces of the city's glorious past and activities of its people. The river bore witness to the many comedies and tragedies occurring in the notorious red-light area along its banks, during the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
- The Imperial Academy: The Imperial Academy is where the ancient scholars studied Confucian classics in preparation for the Imperial examinations. The building complex was strictly walled, attesting to the rigors of the examinations.
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuxi, Nanjing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Wuxi Railway Station To Nanjing Railway Station Transfer via: Train, D5440 (Our arrangements)
Nanjing Railway Station To Shanghai Railway Station Transfer via: Train, G7019 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Shanghai, located on Center China's eastern coast at the mouth of the Yangtze River, is the biggest city in China and is also one of the four municipalities directly under the Central Government of China. With a population of over 20 million, Shanghai possesses the biggest industrial base and foreign trade port in China.
Being originally a fishing and textiles town, Shanghai flourished as an international commercial centre, and had become a multinational hub of finance and business by the 1930s, and now is regarded as a rising tourist destination for its profound cultural deposits and plenty of historic sites, such as the Bund in the east of Huangpu River and New Field.