Take the Li River Cruise and enjoy the stunning and picturesque scenery along the Li River.
13 Day China Main Cities Student ToursFrom:
$2185 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects, Tiananmen Square, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Making a Chinese Paper Cut , The Forbidden City, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects: You will learn practical words for identifying Objects, such as what is this, what are those and where is it? This practical vocabulary will be helpful when shopping and on the trip. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters: You will learn some practical words for greeting, such as good morning, how is going and nice to meet you. It is very useful for you to start a conversation and express your friendship when traveling in China. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer. You can practice the Chinese with your fellows after the tour.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction, Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center), Summer Palace, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Traditional Mongolia Restaurant
- Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction: You will learn practical words about introduction, such as what is your name, my name is Sam and this is my friend. Our goal is to help you make friends while you’re in China. The guide will also teach you during spare time, like lunch time and while you’re on the road.
- Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center): Olympic Green was the main venue for competitions of 2008 Beijing Olympics. Covering an area of 1215 hectares, the park contains green forests, national musuems, exhibition areas, Olympic village and competition venues. A walk inside the park will enable you to see the major venues of the Games, such as Bird's Nest and Water Cube from outside.
- Summer Palace: Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. You can expect to spend 2-3 hours here. Renovations (complete in 2010) mean that an individual section or building may be closed at any one time, but this is a huge site. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Traditional Mongolia Restaurant: Traditional Mongolia Restaurant is located near the Forbidden City. It serves northern Chinese food based on Mongolia cuisine. It brings Mongolia's long and distinguished cultural and literary history. A traditional Mongolian yurt (tent) is available on the third floor but a reservation is needed and a surcharge applies. Live performances of Mongolian music are sometimes preformed in the restaurant.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: Big Wild Goose Pagoda, The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Xian City Wall with Bicycle,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Reallove Restaurant
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: It has become the symbol of Xi'an City since its construction in 652. The pagoda is about 64 meters tall, and it was built to house Buddhist sutras and figurines that Monk Xuanzang brought back from India. Ci'en Temple at the foot of the pagoda has several Buddhist halls and statues that are worth visiting.
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle: The City Wall is the oldest and best preserved city wall in China, and it divides the city into inner and outer parts. It is 25.7 kilometers long and encircles the inner city. Biking on the City Wall is a pleasant experience to enjoy the view and its former glory.
- Reallove Restaurant : Real Love Restaurant is located opposite the east gate of Small Wild Goose Pagoda and is one of the finest restaurants specializing in Shaanxi cuisine. It has become popular for its elegant environment and excellent service.
Place & Transport: Xian to Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Dumplings Making at Han Tang Tian Xia Restaurant, Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Guohua Restaurant
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
- Guohua Restaurant: Located near Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the restaurant serves Cantonese food and is famous for its sea food. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and is a long established restaurant popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Seven Star Park, Calligraphy & Painting shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant (A La Carte)
- Reed Flute Cave: Reed Flute Cave is located in the northwest of Guilin City, and it is often referred to as "the Palace of Natural Art". Inside the cave, with the effect of lighting, you can see numerous stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars and stone curtains in various shapes and colors. Because the light inside the cave is dim, please watch out your steps.
- Elephant Trunk Hill: It is the symbol of Guilin City, standing at the confluence of Li River and Peach Blossom Rier. The hill looks like an elephant drinking water from Li River, hence its name. The Puxian tower on the hill dates back to Sui Dynasty.
- Seven Star Park: It is the largest park of Guilin City. Camel Hill and Flower Bridge are among the attractions in the park. The most popular place inside the park is the panda house, where visitors will see the famous giant pandas and lesser pandas.
- McFound Restaurant (A La Carte): A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise: The 83-kilometer-long waterway between Guilin and Yangshuo is the essence of Li River. A cruise along Li River is a relaxing and enjoyable experience, where you can not only enjoy the stunning scenery with rolling hills, bamboo groves and limpid water, but also see the daily life of farmers alongside the banks, such as water buffaloes pulling carts, farmers tending rice fields, women washing clothes by the riverbank, or if you are lucky, you might see how cormorants fish in the river.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Tai Chi Experience in Yangshuo, Yangshuo Chinese Cookery Class
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Yangshuo Chinese Cookery Class :
This class begins at the local market where ingredients for the dishes are chosen by students. Back at a covered, rooftop patio-classroom, you have an opportunity to learn three dishes and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You can choose other favorite dishes at the lunch.
1. Meet the teacher in cooking school and choose two meat dishes and one vegetable dish from the menu.
2. Walk to local farmer's market and see different kinds of seasonable vegetable and meat sell in the market.
3. Back to school to start the class, there are three steps to learn: chopping, frying and seasoning.
4. Taste the dishes you cook and receive the recipes after class.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Yangshuo Countryside Biking, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Meiyou Restaurant(Set menu)
- Yangshuo Countryside Biking: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshou traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshou countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local famers.
- Meiyou Restaurant(Set menu): western Brackfast and traditional Yangshuo food.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Jiangnan Silk Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Seagull Place
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center : Shanghai World Financial Center, at 492 meters tall, is by far the tallest building in China, and the third tallest after Burj Dubai and Taipei 101. It combines functions of sightseeing, shopping, offices, hotels and restaurants.
- Seagull Place: Seagull Palace is located along the Huangpu River. The main building is in shape of a huge seagull, and is one of the signature buildings in Shanghai. It serves a Shanghai-Style food and is decorated in a western style.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Nanjing Road
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- Nanjing Road: This 3.4-mile-long pedestrian street is the busiest and most famous shopping street in Shanghai. It offers great shopping opportunity for famous brands, new fashion and time-honored traditional Chinese crafts.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
|Beijing||Sunworld Hotel Beijing|
|Xian||Grand Noble Hotel|
|Guilin||Guilin Lijiang Waterfall Hotel|
|Yangshuo||Green Lotus Hotel|
|Shanghai||The Bund Hotel Shanghai|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.