It is the best representative of Chinese classical gardens.
3 Day Suzhou Gardens and Zhouzhuang Water Town TourFrom:
$451 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Suzhou Guide
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou
Place & Transport: Suzhou
Today's Activities: The Grand Canal, Panmen Gate, The No.1 Silk Factory, Wangshi Garden, Tiger Hill, Humble Administrators Garden
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qinghua Restaurant
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal is the longest man-made waterway in the world. As you sail along the canal on boat, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of lakes, as well as people life alongside the banks.
- Panmen Gate: Pan Gate is the only existing ancient city gate in China that has both land and water entrances. It is part of the ancient city wall built in 514 BC that surrounded and protected Suzhou City.
- The No.1 Silk Factory: Suzhou is famous for its silk since ancient times. The factory introduces how silk is processed from worms to final products.You can also buy some fine silk products at the shop or simply appreciate the goods on display.
- Wangshi Garden : It is the smallest of the Suzhou residential gardens and the most exquisite in design. It is the most impressive because of its use of space that creates the illusion of an area that is much greater than its actual size.Its has a series of lovely pavilions around a central pond, rocks and plants uses design details filled with symbolism and story references, with delightful touches such as the mirror backing that provides three moons (sky pond and mirror).
- Tiger Hill: It has a history of more than 2500 years. The hill itself is surrounded by a beautiful park. Climbing up to the hill, you will see some historical sites, such as Miss Wu's Tomb, Sword Testing Rock, Sword Spring, etc, each has its own tale.
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the largest one of all the gardens in Suzhou. Centered around a large pond, there are numerous pavilions, bridges, terraces, chambers and towers. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, because a lot of walking is needed here.
- Qinghua Restaurant: Qinghua Restaurant mainly specializes in Suzhou style cuisine. It is continually creating new style dishes, to be a leader in its field. Its light-taste delicacy reminds customers of it while dine, popularizing in the local place.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Rickshaw ride, Zhouzhuang Water Town, Our guide and driver will escort you from Suzhou to Shanghai, Shen House
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Rickshaw ride: The rickshaw tour takes you into the old alleys of Suzhou City, where you can see ancient houses and bridges, and also the local people's life.
- Zhouzhuang Water Town: The historical record of Zhouzhuang Ancient Town goes back to 1086. It is called "Venice of the East". Zhouzhuang is famous for its profoudn cultural background, with its well preserved ancient houses, elegant waterway, numerous bridges and vibrant local life along the riverbanks.
- Shen House: It consists of seven courtyards, five archways, more than 100 rooms of different size along two sides of a 100-m-long axis road, covering an area of 2000 sq.m, offering a unique traditional Chinese architectural style.
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Suzhou||Pan Pacific Suzhou||Bamboo Grove Hotel Suzhou||Garden Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Suzhou, a city in eastern Jiangsu Province, is situated in the geographical center of the Yangtze River Delta. It is neighboring Shanghai in the east and the Taihu Lake in the west, with 219 kilometers to the Nanjing City in the west and 80 to the downtown of Shanghai City in the east. The Suzhou City, as the southeastern door of Jiangsu Province and the throat of Shanghai City, becomes a necessary pass to Zhejiang Province from the middle and north region of Jiangsu.