See amazing Shanghai from the Oriental Pearl Tower, the highest TV Tower in Asia at 468 meters high.
13 Day Train Tour to Cultural and Scenery Sites in East ChinaFrom:
$1895 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xibei Restaurant
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Summer Palace: Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. You can expect to spend 2-3 hours here. Renovations (complete in 2010) mean that an individual section or building may be closed at any one time, but this is a huge site. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Xibei Restaurant: Xibei Restaurant brings Chinese North western cuisines to Beijing with cultures from Manchus, Mongolians, Chinese muslims and Hans.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Taian, Train No. D29 (Beijing South Railway Station - Taishan Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Taian), Mount Tai Tourist Attraction, Cable Car(round trip)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Taishan Hotel
- Mount Tai Tourist Attraction: Mount Tai is the first of China’s five sacred mountains, with historical, cultural and religious significance. Jade Emperor Peak, at 1545 meters above sea level, is the tallest peak of Mount Tai. Autumn is the best season to watch the sunrise on the mountain.
- Cable Car(round trip): Here you have the option of taking the Cable car to the peak, Nantianmen Scenic Spot, while you can have a bird view of the mountain or continue to head for Yuhuang Peak.
- Taishan Hotel: Located at the foot of Mt.Taishan, it serves Lu cuisine food and is famous for its tofu dishes.
Place & Transport: Taian to Qufu
Today's Activities: Dai Temple, Vehicle to the Top of the Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Taian to Qufu
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Restaurant of Mount Tai
- Dai Temple: First built in Han Dynasty, it is the largest and most completed ancient building complex of Mount Taishan.Emperors of the past dynasties held celebrations in the temple to worship heaven and earth, and sacrificed to the God of the mountain.Besides, it was also the first stop for the pilgrims on their way to the Tai Mountain.
- Vehicle to the Top of the Mountain: It is a chanllenging climb up to the Tai Mountain.Here you have the option of taking the vehicle to the highest point or down to the foot in a few minutes instead of climbing more than 1,605 steps, while you can also have a bird view of the wall.
- Restaurant of Mount Tai: banquet, zero meals, special dishes of Mount Tai.
Place & Transport: Qufu to Yanzhou to Overnight train, Train No. T177 (Yanzhou Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Confucian temples, Confucian Mansion, Confucian family graveyard, Our guide and driver will escort you from Qufu to Yanzhou
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Queli Restaurant
- The Confucian temples : The Confucius Temple in Qufu City is the largest and oldest one of its kind in China. Confucius Temple was built to commemorate the famous ancient Chinese phylosopher Confucius. The Confucius Temple, Confucius Mansion and Confucius Woods form a great architectural complex.
- Confucian Mansion: The Confucius Mansion covers an area of 13 hectares, and it is the largest landlord manor in China with 463 rooms, halls, houses and towers. It was built in 1038, during the Song Dynasty.
- Confucian family graveyard: The Kong Family Graveyard has a history of over 2000 years. Tens of thousands of tombs are located here, including the tombs of Confucius and most of his descendants.
- Queli Restaurant: Queli Restaurant located in Queli Hotel and near the Confucius Temple and the Kong Mansions serves Lu cuisine. Each dish has its culture and story.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Hangzhou
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple, Six Harmonies Pagoda
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) : West Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful scenic spots in China, with its scene "Three Pools Mirroring the Moon" printed at the back of 20 yuan banknote serving as the proof. Rolling mountains surround the lake, dotted along are some ancient buildings such as pavilions, pagodas and arched bridges. It is a very relaxing experience to boat on the lake.
- Lingyin Temple: Built in 326, Lingyin Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China that features numerous Buddhist pagodas, grottoes and rock carvings. The Feilai Peak beside the temple is 209-meter-tall limestone hill, very different from the surrounding sandstone mountains.
- Six Harmonies Pagoda: The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City.The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake".
Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it's Hangzhou style dishes.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Huangshan, Express Bus
Today's Activities: Hotel to bus station Transfer (Hangzhou), Express bus station transfer (Huangshan), Tunxi Acient Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Mei Shi Ren Jia Restaurant
- Tunxi Acient Street: The old commercial street is located in the center of Huangshan City. With a length of 832 meters, Tunxi Old Street preserves the architecture style of Song, Ming and Qing Dynasties. It is for pedestrians only, and you can find hundreds of shops, some are time-honored brands for more than 100 years.
- Mei Shi Ren Jia Restaurant: Located in center of the old street, Mei Shi Ren Jia Restaurant serves Hui cuisine and Hangzhou cuisine. It is decorated in a Chinese style with a cozy environment. The restaurant also caters to a variety of cuisine especially specializes in dim sum, which has earned a wide prestige in locals.
Place & Transport: Huangshan
Today's Activities: The Yellow Mountains, Yuping Cable Car, huangshan museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Yellow Mountains: The massive mountain range is considered to be the loveliest mountain in China, and is well known for its gorgeous scenery in every season. Its four supreme sights are Huangshan pine trees, peculiarly-shaped rocks, hot springs and the sea of clouds from above.
- Yuping Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way up to the yellow mountain by cable car.
Place & Transport: Huangshan to Overnight train, Train No. K8420/K8417 (Huangshan Railway Station Railway Station - Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Yungu Cable Car, Xidi Village, Hongcun Village, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Huangshan)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leigang villa
- Yungu Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way to the yellow mountain by cable car.
- Xidi Village: Xidi Ancient Village was built about 900 years ago in the Song Dynasty. The major attractions are over 100 wooden houses with beautiful carvings that were preserved from Ming and Qing Dynasties. The memorial archway is also worth visiting.
- Hongcun Village: It is an ancient village located near the southwest slopes of Huangshan Scenic Area. With a history of 800 years, Hongcun has Ming and Qing Dynasties'architecture and carvings that are said to be among the best in China. Its picturesque scenery has drawn numerous artists and students to come and paint here.
- Leigang villa: Located on the top of the Leigang hill, Leigang Villa restaurant serves local style Chinese food. Lunch is served in a beautiful environment with pleasant scenery, as the restaurant is surrounded by a forest of bamboo and peach trees. The restaurant has a bird's eye view of Hongcun village.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Oriental Pearl TV Tower, The Bund, Yuyuan Garden, Jiangnan Silk Museum
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Seagull Place
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Seagull Place: Seagull Palace is located along the Huangpu River. The main building is in shape of a huge seagull, and is one of the signature buildings in Shanghai. It serves a Shanghai-Style food and is decorated in a western style.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Zhujiajiao Water Town, Zhujiajiao Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Zhujiajiao Water Town: It is one of the famous ancient water towns of China, with hundreds of years' history. There are 36 stone bridges that reach across its numerous rivers, and the ancient buildings that line the riverbanks are home to local residents.
- Zhujiajiao Cruise: It is an enjoyable experience to take a short cruise along the winding rivers that go through this ancient town.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Taian, Qufu, Yanzhou, Hangzhou, Huangshan, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing South To Taishan Railway Station Transfer via: Train, D29 (Our arrangements)
Yanzhou To Hangzhou Railway Station Transfer via: Train, T177 (Our arrangements)
Hangzhou To Huangshan Transfer via: Bus, (Our arrangements)
Huangshan Railway Station To Shanghai Railway Station Transfer via: Train, K8420/K8417 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.