Go to Chengdu research Base for the Giant Panda Breeding program to see giant pandas.
13 Day Beijing, Lhasa, Chengdu and Shanghai TourFrom:
$2641 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing),
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Jiayixiong Jewelry Co. Ltd
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Temple of Heaven
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qiu yi yuan Restaurant
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony: Summer Palace is China's largest and best preserved imperial garden. Covering an area of 290 hectares, Summer Palace mainly consists of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake. Visitors can enjoy a short cruise on the lake, or watch Beijing Opera at the Garden of Virtue and Harmony.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Qiu yi yuan Restaurant : Qiu Yi Yuan Restaurant is located near the Summer Palace. Newly renovated in a Chinese tranditional style. Qiu Yi Yuan caters to a wide variety of tastes and features for Sichuan cuisine.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Lhasa, Air China CA4112 (Beijing Capital Airport - Lasa Gongge Airport) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Lhasa Kitchen
- Potala Palace: Built in the seventh century, Potala Palace was the former winter home of Dalai Lamas. Today it served as a huge museum that houses and exhibits precious materials and articles of the history, arts, religion and culture of Tibet.
- Jokhang Temple: Johkang Monastery is located in the center of Lhasa old city, near the bustling Barkhor Street. The monastery is the product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. It is the worshipping center in Lhasa, and many locals come here to pray regularly.
- Barkhor Street: It is the oldest street in Lhasa with colorful Tibetan features. Varieties of commodities are sold here and present to you all aspects of Tibetan life. You will also see pilgrims from different places of Tibet with praying wheels circling around the Jokhang Monastery.
- Lhasa Kitchen: Lhasa Kitchen is near the Jokhang Temple. It is decorated by merging Tibetan style with Indian, Nepalese, Chinese and Italian architecture. It serves a variety of styles of food.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Drepung Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Steak House Restaurant
- Sera Monastery: Sera Monastery is one of the three greatest monasteries in Tibet. It is grand in scale, with an area of 114,964 square meters. It is the venue where monks hold daily debates.
- Norbulingka: Built in 1755, Norbulingka served as the summer retreat for Dalai Lama. It covers an area of 360,000 square meters, and is made up of three main palaces. The garden has 370 rooms, with waterside pavilions, lakes, hills and grasslands dotted around them.
- Drepung Monastery: Located 5 kilometers from Lhasa city center, Trepung Monastery is the largest monastery in Tibet. It was founded in 1416. Its white grand buildings makes a contrast under the sunlight against the black mountain at its back.
- Steak House Restaurant: Steak House is near the Potala Palace and serves mainly Western and Tibetan cuisine. Surrounded by the alluring landscape, it is a great dining experience while traveling in Tibet.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Visit Tibetan Family, Yandrok Yumtso Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Visit Tibetan Family : Drive out through the countryside around Lhasa to one of the remaining rural villages.Life is hard here, mainly crop and stock; they sell the produce in Lhasa, with greenhouses on mud walls to extend the growing period.But the families are warm and friendly,and delighted to welcome you to their home, which usually includes several generations,and offer butter tea and a brief glimpse into a basic and traditional existence.
- Yandrok Yumtso Lake: Yandrok Yumsto Lake which means "the jade lake in the upper pastureland or Swan Lake" in Tibetan has an altitude of 4,441 meters. It is 130 kilometers long from east to west and 70 kilometers wide from north to south and covering an area of 638 square kilometers. It is a continental lake supplied with rain, thawing snow and icebergs. Beautiful Holy lake is everyone’s dreaming spot. It is a great place to relax and enjoy your leisure time.
Place & Transport: Lhasa to Chengdu, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Wu Hou Temple, Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Jinli Old Street,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Sanguyuan Restaurant
- Wu Hou Temple: It is a temple in memoriam of Zhuge Liang (181-234), a famous Chinese military strategist. The temple has several peaceful gardens and memorial halls, with some impressive statues and many inscribed stone tablets.
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage: It is a museum dedicated to Du Fu, China's great poet of Tang Dynasty. Du Fu spent 5 years in Chengdu, which was at the peak of his creativity, and during this time he lived in this thatched cottage. The museum is surrounded by a beautiful large garden.
- Jinli Old Street: Jinli Street was one of the busiest commercial street in ancient times. The architecture of the style of Ming and Qing Dynasties. Here you can enjoy almost all kinds of traditional dishes and snakcs of Chengdu, relax in one of the elegantly decorated bars,or buy some traditional crafts such as chopsticks, papercuts, tea and lanterns as souvenirs.
- Sanguyuan Restaurant : It's the place where you can enjoy not only the wonderful dishes but the culture of Three Kingdoms. Each dish has a name related with Three Kingdoms.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Shanghai, Air China CA4501 (Chengdu Shuangliu Airport - Shanghai pudong Airport) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Panda Breeding and Research Center, , Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Panda Breeding and Research Center: Situated in the suburbs of Chengdu City, it is home to the Giant Pandas, Lesser Pandas as well as some other endangered species. Here you can see Pandas eat, rest or play, or visit the Panda nursery room and and get to know about the breeding program.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Yuyuan Market, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, The Bund, Jiangnan Silk Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Yuyuan Market: Also known as City God Temple, it is a Taoist temple built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a ver important temple in Shanghai people's life. Many people come to worship and pray. During traditional festivals, it is very busy holding ceremonies.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Lhasa, Chengdu, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
BEIJING To LASA Transfer via: Flight, CA4112 (Our arrangements)
Lhasa To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
CHENGDU To SHANGHAI Transfer via: Flight, CA4501 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.