Appreciate the marvelous Terracotta warriors in full battle array of Emperor Qin's tomb.
11 Day Beijing, Wutai, Pingyao, Xian, Beijing TourFrom:
$1802 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, Hall of Clocks and Watches, The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It sits in the northeast of the Forbidden City, there are more than 200 clocks and watches belonged to the 18 century on display. Mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, those clocks and watches have been working over 200 years, but they are still working quite well. They are stylish, sophisticated best represents the technical standard at that time. Some Chinese made timepieces are on display as well.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Datong, Air China CA1119 Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Datong), Yungang Grottoes, Datong Nine-Dragon Screen Wall, The Shang Huayan Temple, Shanhua Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yungang Grottoes: Yungang Grottoes is an ancient Buddhist temple grottoes complex located near Datong City. They were built from 453 till 493, and stretches 1 kilometer from east to west. It is well known for its grandeur, with 51000 Buddist statues and murals remain today.
- Datong Nine-Dragon Screen Wall: The Nine-Dragon Screen Walls is over 600 years old. The wall itself is inlayed with components of colorful glazes. It is 45 meters tall and 2 meters wide, and has images of nine different large dragons. On the wall, nine dragons are swirling vividly amid surfing waves and mountain cliffs.
- The Shang Huayan Temple: In the west of Datong City.It is an art museum of the Liao and Jin dynasties.
- Shanhua Monastery : located in central Datong within the old city walls. It was first constructed during the Tang dynasty (618-907AD) though most of the present wooden building dates back to the 12th century. The temple houses some intricately carved Jin dynasty (265-420AD) statues and has a screen wall decorated with dragons.
Place & Transport: Datong to Wutaishan
Today's Activities: Hanging Monastery, Yingxian Wooden Pagoda, Our guide and driver will escort you from Datong to Wutaishan
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Hengshan Restaurant
- Hanging Monastery: The Hanging Monastery is was precariously built into a near-vertical cliff surface of Hengshan Mountain, and the whole structure is supported by only a few wooden beams. Built more than 1500 years ago, the Hanging Monastery includes Taoist, Buddhist and Confucian elements.
- Yingxian Wooden Pagoda: Yingxian Wooden Pagoda is by far the oldest and tallest wooden structure pagoda in the world. It was built 900 years ago, and it is about 67 meters tall. The wooden pagoda survived several heavy earthquakes through centuries but still maintained its original condition.
- Hengshan Restaurant: The Hengshan Restaurant is one of the most famous restaurants in Datong. It specializes in Shanxi Cai (cuisine from north-western China). It is highly recommended by customers for its good food and reasonable prices.
Place & Transport: Wutaishan
Today's Activities: Wutai Mountain Scenic Area, Mt. Wutaishan
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Wutai Mountain Scenic Area: Mt. Wutaishan is one of the four sacred mountains of Chinese Buddhism. Back in the Tang Dynasty (618-907), 360 temples were built in the mountain, and now 47 of them remain.
- Mt. Wutaishan: Being one of the four sacred Buddhist mountains in China, Mt. Wutaishan is home to a group of monasteries and temples that were built in the Tang Dynasty. These monasteries and temples were inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2009.
Place & Transport: Wutaishan to Taiyuan to Pingyao
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Wutaishan to Taiyuan, Our guide and driver will escort you from Taiyuan to Pingyao, Pingyao Ancient Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Pingyao Ancient Town: The ancient town of Pingyao was a financial center of China in ancient times. It still retains its layout, residential houses, streets and storefronts just as they were in Ming and Qing Dynasties. Its city walls were constructed in 1370, and it has Rishengchang, China’s first back inside the town.
Place & Transport: Pingyao to Overnight train, Train No. 2669 (Pingyao Railway Station Railway Station - Xian Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street, Armed Escort Company Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Pingyao)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Rishengchang Draft Bank: Pingyao was a financial center of China in Qing Dynasty. Rishengchang Draft Bank was established in 1823, and was considered the first draft bank in China.
- The Mingqing Street: The thoroughfare is well preserved with its original architectural style of Ming and Qing Dynasties. Numerous shops line the streets, and you can have a look or buy many traditional Chinese handicrafts.
- Armed Escort Company Museum: Armed Escort Company once played a significant role in promoting comerce in Ming and Qing dynasties. The museum tells stories of the founder-members and introduce some famous wings of martial arts.
- Ancient City Wall: The ancient city wall of Pingyao was built in 1370, and today it still retains its original appearance. A moat of 4-meters wide and 4 meters deep is just outside the walls. The wall is about 12 meters high with a perimeter of 6000 meters. Altogether there are 72 watchtowers and 3000 battlements.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Xian
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Xian), Shaanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall,
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Guohua Restaurant
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
- Ancient City Wall: The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defences still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre. You can walk, rent a bike,rickshaw or take an electric cart around the full 14km circuit, with great views of the city on either side. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Guohua Restaurant: Located near Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the restaurant serves Cantonese food and is famous for its sea food. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and is a long established restaurant popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Shadow Play in the Gao Courtyard
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Reallove Restaurant
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Shadow Play in the Gao Courtyard: Shadow Play is a traditional folk art using beautifully made flat puppets whose shadows are projected onto a white, rear-lit screen. The performance is accompanied by Chinese instruments and story-telling. The show lasts for about 15 minutes. The performance is performed in a traditional Chinese dwelling in the Muslim quarter, called Gao Courtyard.
- Reallove Restaurant : Real Love Restaurant is located opposite the east gate of Small Wild Goose Pagoda and is one of the finest restaurants specializing in Shaanxi cuisine. It has become popular for its elegant environment and excellent service.
Place & Transport: Xian to Beijing, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian)
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Datong, Wutaishan, Taiyuan, Pingyao by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Datong Transfer via: Flight, CA1119 (Our arrangements)
Pingyao To Beijing West Transfer via: Train, K604 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.