6 Day Hui and Tibetan Minorities Culture TourFrom:
$859 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Xining Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Xining, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Xining)
Place & Transport: Xining
Today's Activities: Taer Monastery, Qinghai Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Taer Monastery : Ta'er Monastery is the birth place of Zong Geba, the founder of the Gelu school, a branch of Tibetan Buddhism. Iits architecture combines features of Tibetan and Han nationalities. The monastery has lots of cultural relics stored inside, including Buddha statues, sutras, instruments used in ceremonies, and stone scriptions.
- Qinghai Lake: At 3200 meters above sea level, Qinghai Lake is the largest inland salt water lake in China. Sceneries are beautiful and changeable according to different seasons. Qinghai Lake is the most beautiful and has the most comfortable weather in summer and autumn. Despite the salt water, the lake has an abundance of fish, mostly carps.
Place & Transport: Xining to Tong ren
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Xining to Tong ren, Longwu Monastery, Wutun Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
- Longwu Monastery: Founded in the 12th century and currently has around 450 monks, Longwu monastery is the leading Yellow sect monastery in the Tongren region. It is one of the six biggest monasteries of Tibetan Buddhism in Qinghai Province. The local Tibetans are very proud of the Longwu Monastery where religious activities are held on lecturing, praying and examination.
- Wutun Monastery: There are two monasteries in Wutun village; one is upper Wutun Monastery, another is lower Wutun Monastery. These Monasteries is famous throughout Tibet for its beautiful artwork of Buddhist art of Thangka. It boasts a much livelier monastery as the location for ceremonies and festivities that draw crowds of local worshippers.
Place & Transport: Tong ren to Xiahe
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Tong ren to Xiahe, , Songke Grassland
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Songke Grassland: Songke Grassland is located in southwest of Xiahe. Being a natural pasture of Tibetan nomadic peoples, Songke Grassland is famous for its superb grassland scenery. As you ride on horse you can listen to the pastoral song, and feast your eye on the beautiful flowers and blue sky.
Place & Transport: Xiahe
Today's Activities: Labrang Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Labrang Monastery: One of the major monasteries of the Gelugpa (Yellow Hat) sect. The architectural layout follows the Tibetan style, while the construction patterns are mostly Tibetan, Han, or a mixture of the two. The White Towers (in the northeast and in the northwest) are very typical.
Place & Transport: Xiahe to Lanzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Xiahe to Lanzhou
|Tong ren||Yunlong Hotel|
|Xiahe||Xiahe Xiling Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Xining, Tong ren, Xiahe, Lanzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
To Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Xining is the capital and economic center as well as culture center and transportation hub in Qinghai Province, which is the door to Tibet. Covering an area of 7,665 square kilometers with the urban area of 350 square kilometers , Xining has 6 districts and 3 counties. The topography of the city lowers from north to south, which is in the shape of a boat. The Huangshui River flows across the city from west to east, and the highest altitude in the city is 4,394 meters high above the sea level with the average altitude of 2,261 meters high in the city center.
Xining was an important passage of the ancient South Silk Road and Tang-Tibetan Ancient Road in ancient times, which functioned as the transportation hub and the military city in the northwest, and it was award “the Throat to Tibet” by the later generations. After the completion of Qinghai- Tibetan Railway, Xining has become the ending point of Lan- Qing Railway (from Lanzhou Railway Station to Qinghai Railway Station) and the starting point of Qing-Zang Railway (from Qinghai Railway Station to Tibet Railway Station) and Qing-Zang Highway (from Qinghai to Tibet).
Xining is a multi-ethnic city with 34 nationalities living harmoniously in the city, among which the minority nationalities are as many as 33 such as Hui Nationality and Mongolian Nationality. The number of the population living in the city reaches 2.21 million with Han Nationality people as the majority, taking up 77% of the whole population. Tibetan Buddhism and Islam are the major faith groups in the city. Other religious groups include Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity and Catholicism.
XiningThings to do
Other Tours in xining
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.