Be overwhelmed by Potala Palace, a awe-inspiring maze of corridors and stairs leading through countless rooms of richly decorated statues, tombs, murals and antiques
4 Day Essense of LhasaFrom:
$514 / Per. Person
- Full Itinerary
- Lhasa Guide
Place & Transport: Arrive in Lhasa, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Lhasa), Barkhor Street
- Barkhor Street: It is the oldest street in Lhasa with colorful Tibetan features. Varieties of commodities are sold here and present to you all aspects of Tibetan life. You will also see pilgrims from different places of Tibet with praying wheels circling around the Jokhang Monastery.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Norbulingka, Potala Palace, Sera Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Original Crazy Yak Restaurant
- Norbulingka: Built in 1755, Norbulingka served as the summer retreat for Dalai Lama. It covers an area of 360,000 square meters, and is made up of three main palaces. The garden has 370 rooms, with waterside pavilions, lakes, hills and grasslands dotted around them.
- Potala Palace: Built in the seventh century, Potala Palace was the former winter home of Dalai Lamas. Today it served as a huge museum that houses and exhibits precious materials and articles of the history, arts, religion and culture of Tibet.
- Sera Monastery: Sera Monastery is one of the three greatest monasteries in Tibet. It is grand in scale, with an area of 114,964 square meters. It is the venue where monks hold daily debates.
- Original Crazy Yak Restaurant: Crazy Yak Restaurant is located in the city center near Potala Palace. It mainly provides a Tibetan buffet, Chinese dishes and Western style cuisine, it also serves as a casual bar as well. Decorated in Tibetan style of architecture, it has live performances at night.
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Drepung Monastery, Yomdrok Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Drepung Monastery: Located 5 kilometers from Lhasa city center, Trepung Monastery is the largest monastery in Tibet. It was founded in 1416. Its white grand buildings makes a contrast under the sunlight against the black mountain at its back.
- Yomdrok Lake: With a length of 72 kilometers, Yamdrok Lake is one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet. It is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. In Tibetan mythology, the lake is the transformation of goddess.
Place & Transport: Depart Lhasa, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Lhasa||Xinding Hotel||Xinding Hotel||Shangbala Hotel Lhasa|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Lhasa by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Lhasa, capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, has a prefecture area of 30,000 square kilometers and its Tibetan name means "The Land of the Gods". It sits on the north bank of River Lhasa, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangbo River, at an altitude of 3,700 meters. It has a history of over 13 centuries. With more than 3,000 hours of sunshine annually, Lhasa is famed as "the City of Sunshine". It is the center of Tibet's political, economic, cultural and religious activities. There are many historic sites and famous relics in the city proper and its suburbs, among which the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Gandan Monastery are world famous.
LhasaThings to do
Other Tours in lhasa
- 6 Day Lhasa, Gyangtse, Shigaste Tour $1025
- 9 Day Lhasa, Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsedang and Mount Everest Tour $2017
- 5 Day Essense of Lhasa $627
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.