Temple of Heaven is the place where emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would offer sacrifice to heaven and pray for good harvests.
7 Day Beijing, Shanghai, Beijing TourFrom:
$856 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hall of Clocks and Watches, Hutong Tour including Prince Gong's Mansion, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It sits in the northeast of the Forbidden City, there are more than 200 clocks and watches belonged to the 18 century on display. Mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, those clocks and watches have been working over 200 years, but they are still working quite well. They are stylish, sophisticated best represents the technical standard at that time. Some Chinese made timepieces are on display as well.
- Hutong Tour including Prince Gong's Mansion: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house get to see how life goes on within the traditional architectures. Then walk on Yinding Bridge, visit Prince Gong's Mansion and exlpore Pipe Street.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Overnight train, Train No. D321 (Beijing Railway Station - Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center), Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Hancang Hakka Restaurant
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony: Summer Palace is China's largest and best preserved imperial garden. Covering an area of 290 hectares, Summer Palace mainly consists of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake. Visitors can enjoy a short cruise on the lake, or watch Beijing Opera at the Garden of Virtue and Harmony.
- Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center): Olympic Green was the main venue for competitions of 2008 Beijing Olympics. Covering an area of 1215 hectares, the park contains green forests, national musuems, exhibition areas, Olympic village and competition venues. A walk inside the park will enable you to see the major venues of the Games, such as Bird's Nest and Water Cube from outside.
- Hancang Hakka Restaurant: Hancang Hakka Restaurant is conveniently located on the east bank of Shicha Hai Lake and has a traditional Chinese environment and culture. It serves the very popular cuisine of the Hakka minority group.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Yuyuan Garden, French concession region, The Bund
Meals: Chinese Lunch at New Bund Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- French concession region: A great area to explore, from the old European buildings in shady avenues to the cafes and restaurants and upmarket shopping area of Huaihu Lu.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- New Bund Restaurant: The restaurant is located at the main gate of Huangpu Park on the Bund. It serves the traditional Shanghai-style food and caters to a wide variety of tastes.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Beijing, Train No. D302 (Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Museum, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
- Shanghai Museum: The biggest, and many think the best museum in China. The galleries in this outstanding building display stunning collections of bronzes, sculptures, ceramics and porcelain, paintings, calligraphy, seals, jade, coins, furniture, ethnic artefacts from minority groups, temporary travelling exhibitions from places like the Guggenheim, and so much more ... give yourself time to enjoy it.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Beijing
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing||Flight not included||\|
|Day 2||Beijing||The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hall of Clocks and Watches, Hutong Tour including Prince Gong's Mansion, Lizexiang Pearl Store [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Beijing||The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonne Factory [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Beijing to Overnight train||Train No. D321||Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center), Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Overnight train to Shanghai||Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Yuyuan Garden, French concession region, The Bund [detail]||L|
|Day 6||Shanghai to Beijing||Train No. D302||Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Museum, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Overnight train to Beijing||Train station Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||\|
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing||Sunworld Hotel Beijing||Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing|
|Shanghai||Radisson Shanghai New World||The Bund Hotel Shanghai|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Shanghai Transfer via: Train, D321 (Our arrangements)
Shanghai To Beijing Transfer via: Train, D302 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.