Interested in Buddhist culture? Pay a visit to Lingyin Temple, famous for its more than 470 stone carvings of Buddhist figures.
7 Day Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou Train TourFrom:
$929 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Market, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- Yuyuan Market: Also known as City God Temple, it is a Taoist temple built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a ver important temple in Shanghai people's life. Many people come to worship and pray. During traditional festivals, it is very busy holding ceremonies.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou, Train No. D412 (Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station - Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Tongli Cruise, Tongli
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tongli Cruise: Tongli Cruise is the best way to experince this water town.
- Tongli: Tongli is an ancient water town with a history of more than one thousand years. It is surrounded by water on its four sides, and there are fifteen rivers inside the town, which are connected by 49 ancient bridges. Here you can also visit beautiful gardens, temples, and former residence of some famous figures in Chinese history.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Hangzhou, Train No. D5471 Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Panmen Gate, , Humble Administrators Garden, Lingering Garden, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant
- Panmen Gate: Pan Gate is the only existing ancient city gate in China that has both land and water entrances. It is part of the ancient city wall built in 514 BC that surrounded and protected Suzhou City.
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the largest one of all the gardens in Suzhou. Centered around a large pond, there are numerous pavilions, bridges, terraces, chambers and towers. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, because a lot of walking is needed here.
- Lingering Garden: Lingering Garden is the most complete in architecture forms amongst all the classical gardens in Suzhou. It is characterized by unique layout and strange-shaped rocks. It is seperated into 4 parts, connected by 700 meters of covered walkways.
- Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant: The restaurant is located near the Grand Cannel. It presents home-style dishes based on local flavors and fresh ingredients. It is very popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) : West Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful scenic spots in China, with its scene "Three Pools Mirroring the Moon" printed at the back of 20 yuan banknote serving as the proof. Rolling mountains surround the lake, dotted along are some ancient buildings such as pavilions, pagodas and arched bridges. It is a very relaxing experience to boat on the lake.
- Lingyin Temple: Built in 326, Lingyin Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China that features numerous Buddhist pagodas, grottoes and rock carvings. The Feilai Peak beside the temple is 209-meter-tall limestone hill, very different from the surrounding sandstone mountains.
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it's Hangzhou style dishes.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Shanghai, Train No. D5652 (Hangzhou Railway Station Railway Station - Shanghai South Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Six Harmonies Pagoda, Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum, Meijiawu Village , Hotel to Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Train station Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Hangzhou Lily Hotel
- Six Harmonies Pagoda: The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City.The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake".
Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum: Located at the Drum Tower grand street, Hangzhou City. Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum is a professional museum of Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine and a key cultural relics and historic site under the protection of the government in China as well. The Huqingyu Tang Chinese Medicine Museum is the only Chinese herbal medicine museum in China housed in the ancient buildings of the famous Hangzhou Chinese herbal medicine shop. The exhibition halls introduce the origin, development, and application of traditional Chinese medicine and its role in the world history of medicine.
- Hangzhou Lily Hotel: Situated at the side of West Lake, Lily Hotel provides a panoramic view of the lake. The restaurant is decorated in style of a southern city of Yangtze River and serves mainly Hangzhou cuisine.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Shanghai||Flight not included||Airport Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Shanghai||Yuyuan Market, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Shanghai to Suzhou||Train No. D412||Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Tongli Cruise, Tongli [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Suzhou to Hangzhou||Train No. D5471||Panmen Gate, , Humble Administrators Garden, Lingering Garden, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Hangzhou||The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Hangzhou to Shanghai||Train No. D5652||Six Harmonies Pagoda, Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum, Meijiawu Village , Hotel to Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Train station Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Depart Shanghai||Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.