- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Treasure Houses: Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Summer Palace, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- Summer Palace: Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. You can expect to spend 2-3 hours here. Renovations (complete in 2010) mean that an individual section or building may be closed at any one time, but this is a huge site. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Muslim Street, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Muslim Street: The 500-meter-long avenue paved by blue stones gathers many restaurants, food stands and souvenir shops, which are mostly run by Muslim people. A walk through the Muslim Quarter is an interesting experience,as it not only prvides good opportunities for food and shopping, but also see the vibrant life there.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle: The City Wall is the oldest and best preserved city wall in China, and it divides the city into inner and outer parts. It is 25.7 kilometers long and encircles the inner city. Biking on the City Wall is a pleasant experience to enjoy the view and its former glory.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): A Wa Village Restaurant was established in 2004, mainly specializes in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine. It provides delicacy by using the material from xancin, obtaining a nationwide reputation from customers. It would be a nice choice to dine while traveling the nearby Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses.
Place & Transport: Xian to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch)
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
- Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch): Qianzhou Restaurant is well-known for its local flavors and ingredients originating from Qian County. The style, Qianzhou Four Treasures is considered to be famous nationally. The specialties are of ancient origin from the Tang Dynasty and leave customers with great culinary memories.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower&Shanghai Urban History and Development Museum, Jiangnan Silk Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower&Shanghai Urban History and Development Museum: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is a old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Beijing||Sunworld Hotel Beijing||Redwall Hotel Beijing|
|Xian||Grand Noble Hotel||Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian||Xian Skytel Hotel|
|Shanghai||The Bund Hotel Shanghai||Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan Hotel|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.