Experience the imperial life in The Forbidden City, palace of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
15 Day Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guilin, Xian, Beijing TourFrom:
$2372 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Bund
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou, Train No. D5410 (Shanghai Railway Station Railway Station - Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Tongli, Tongli Cruise, Lingering Garden, The Garden of the Master of Nets
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant
- Tongli: Tongli is an ancient water town with a history of more than one thousand years. It is surrounded by water on its four sides, and there are fifteen rivers inside the town, which are connected by 49 ancient bridges. Here you can also visit beautiful gardens, temples, and former residence of some famous figures in Chinese history.
- Tongli Cruise: Tongli Cruise is the best way to experince this water town.
- Lingering Garden: Lingering Garden is the most complete in architecture forms amongst all the classical gardens in Suzhou. It is characterized by unique layout and strange-shaped rocks. It is seperated into 4 parts, connected by 700 meters of covered walkways.
- The Garden of the Master of Nets: The Garden of the Master of Nets is the smallest garden in Suzhou covering a space of only 5000 sq meters. The small space is its greatest charm as it encompasses all the elements of a classic Chinese garden within close boundaries.
- Shuicheng Shifu Restaurant: The restaurant is located near the Grand Cannel. It presents home-style dishes based on local flavors and fresh ingredients. It is very popular with the locals.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Hangzhou, Train No. D5471 (Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: The Grand Canal, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal is the longest man-made waterway in the world. As you sail along the canal on boat, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of lakes, as well as people life alongside the banks.
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant: Originally established as a dumpling factory, Yangyang has developed into a restaurant serving diversified cuisine. Combining traditional delicacies with western-style food, Yangyang has been recognized by overseas tourist magazines.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Six Harmonies Pagoda, Lingyin Temple, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), , Meijiawu Village , Hotel to airport Transfer (Hangzhou), Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- Six Harmonies Pagoda: The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City.The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake".
Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Lingyin Temple: Built in 326, Lingyin Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China that features numerous Buddhist pagodas, grottoes and rock carvings. The Feilai Peak beside the temple is 209-meter-tall limestone hill, very different from the surrounding sandstone mountains.
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) : West Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful scenic spots in China, with its scene "Three Pools Mirroring the Moon" printed at the back of 20 yuan banknote serving as the proof. Rolling mountains surround the lake, dotted along are some ancient buildings such as pavilions, pagodas and arched bridges. It is a very relaxing experience to boat on the lake.
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it's Hangzhou style dishes.
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Guilin Ziyuan Pearl Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant (A La Carte)
- Reed Flute Cave: Reed Flute Cave is located in the northwest of Guilin City, and it is often referred to as "the Palace of Natural Art". Inside the cave, with the effect of lighting, you can see numerous stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars and stone curtains in various shapes and colors. Because the light inside the cave is dim, please watch out your steps.
- Elephant Trunk Hill: It is the symbol of Guilin City, standing at the confluence of Li River and Peach Blossom Rier. The hill looks like an elephant drinking water from Li River, hence its name. The Puxian tower on the hill dates back to Sui Dynasty.
- McFound Restaurant (A La Carte): A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise, West Street of Yangshuo
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise: The 83-kilometer-long waterway between Guilin and Yangshuo is the essence of Li River. A cruise along Li River is a relaxing and enjoyable experience, where you can not only enjoy the stunning scenery with rolling hills, bamboo groves and limpid water, but also see the daily life of farmers alongside the banks, such as water buffaloes pulling carts, farmers tending rice fields, women washing clothes by the riverbank, or if you are lucky, you might see how cormorants fish in the river.
- West Street of Yangshuo: West street is also named Foreigners' Street because many foreigners make the street their home. The street has a history of more than 1400 years. The bars, hotels, internet cafes, handicraft shops are all designed in a complex style of Chinese and Western.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Yangshuo Countryside Biking, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Meiyou Restaurant(Set menu)
- Yangshuo Countryside Biking: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshou traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshou countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local famers.
- Meiyou Restaurant(Set menu): western Brackfast and traditional Yangshuo food.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: It has become the symbol of Xi'an City since its construction in 652. The pagoda is about 64 meters tall, and it was built to house Buddhist sutras and figurines that Monk Xuanzang brought back from India. Ci'en Temple at the foot of the pagoda has several Buddhist halls and statues that are worth visiting.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): A Wa Village Restaurant was established in 2004, mainly specializes in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine. It provides delicacy by using the material from xancin, obtaining a nationwide reputation from customers. It would be a nice choice to dine while traveling the nearby Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses.
Place & Transport: Xian to Overnight train, Train No. Z20 (Xian Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Great Mosque, Shaanxi History Museum, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Muslim Street, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch)
- Great Mosque: Built in 742, the Great Mosque in Xi'an is one of the largest Islamic mosques in China. Its architecture, unlike other mosques, is completely Chinese style, except for Arabic letters and decorations. It is an active mosque used by Chinese Muslims, or Hui People, as a place of worship.
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle: The City Wall is the oldest and best preserved city wall in China, and it divides the city into inner and outer parts. It is 25.7 kilometers long and encircles the inner city. Biking on the City Wall is a pleasant experience to enjoy the view and its former glory.
- Muslim Street: The 500-meter-long avenue paved by blue stones gathers many restaurants, food stands and souvenir shops, which are mostly run by Muslim people. A walk through the Muslim Quarter is an interesting experience,as it not only prvides good opportunities for food and shopping, but also see the vibrant life there.
- Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch): Qianzhou Restaurant is well-known for its local flavors and ingredients originating from Qian County. The style, Qianzhou Four Treasures is considered to be famous nationally. The specialties are of ancient origin from the Tang Dynasty and leave customers with great culinary memories.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Beijing
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing), Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Temple of Heaven
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xibei Restaurant
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony: Summer Palace is China's largest and best preserved imperial garden. Covering an area of 290 hectares, Summer Palace mainly consists of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake. Visitors can enjoy a short cruise on the lake, or watch Beijing Opera at the Garden of Virtue and Harmony.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Xibei Restaurant: Xibei Restaurant brings Chinese North western cuisines to Beijing with cultures from Manchus, Mongolians, Chinese muslims and Hans.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Shanghai||Flight not included||Airport Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Shanghai||Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Bund [detail]||B|
|Day 4||Shanghai to Suzhou||Train No. D5410||Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Tongli, Tongli Cruise, Lingering Garden, The Garden of the Master of Nets [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Suzhou to Hangzhou||Train No. D5471||The Grand Canal, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Hangzhou to Guilin||Flight No. TBA||Six Harmonies Pagoda, Lingyin Temple, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), , Meijiawu Village , Hotel to airport Transfer (Hangzhou), Airport Transfer (Guilin) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Guilin||Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Guilin Ziyuan Pearl Shop [detail]||B,L|
|Day 8||Guilin to Yangshuo||Li River Cruise, West Street of Yangshuo [detail]||B,L|
|Day 9||Yangshuo to Guilin to Xian||Flight No. TBA||Yangshuo Countryside Biking, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport Transfer (Xian) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 10||Xian||The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda [detail]||B,L|
|Day 11||Xian to Overnight train||Train No. Z20||Great Mosque, Shaanxi History Museum, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Muslim Street, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Xian) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 12||Overnight train to Beijing||Train station Transfer (Beijing), Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City [detail]||L|
|Day 13||Beijing||The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Cloisonne Factory [detail]||B,L|
|Day 14||Beijing||Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Temple of Heaven [detail]||B,L|
|Day 15||Depart Beijing||Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
Book now and get our great deal for 5% further discount (up to $259) this November
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Guilin, Yangshuo, Xian, Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai To Suzhou Transfer via: Train, D5410 (Our arrangements)
Suzhou To Hangzhou Transfer via: Train, D5471 (Our arrangements)
Hangzhou To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Beijing West Transfer via: Train, Z20 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.