It was an important town on the ancient tea and horse route, and also the earliest settlement of Naxi people.
10 Day Kunming, Lijiang, Guiyang and Kaili Ethinic Culture TourFrom:
$1649 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Kunming, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kunming)
Place & Transport: Kunming
Today's Activities: The Stone Forest,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel
- The Stone Forest: It is a notable and magnificent set of karst formations located about 90 kilometers from Kunming City. The various karst landsape emenate from the ground due to millions of years' of earth movement. The area around is home to ethnic groups such as Yi and Sani. Their folk customs, beautiful embroideries and ethnic dances will leave you a deep impression.
- Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel : Situated by the entrance to Stone Forest landscaped area, the restaurant is famous for its roast duck.
Place & Transport: Kunming to Lijiang, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Yuantong Temple, The Grand View Tower, Green Lake Park, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Lijiang)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yikeyin Old House Restauratn
- Yuantong Temple: With a history of over 1,200 years, it is the largest temple in Kunming. In 1956, the grand ceremony of greeting and consecrating the Buddha's tooth was held in it. It was in the list among the key Buddhist temples in China issued by the State Council.
- The Grand View Tower: It is located at the terminus of Daguan Road and is 6 km from the city center, near Dianchi Lake and facing Taihua Mountain which is on the other side of Dianchi Lake. Completed in 1690 during the Qing Dynasty, the park consists of hills, ponds, pavilions and rockeries in a style similar to that of the gardens of the Yangtze River Delta.
- Green Lake Park: As one of the most picturesque parks in downtown Kunming, the Green Lake Park is a good place to take a walk or enjoy your leisure time. There are nine spring outlets at north of the lake, it was also named “Nine Dragon Pond.” When you come here in November or December, you can also enjoy the picture of huge flock of red-beaked gulls migrating here from Siberia.
- Yikeyin Old House Restauratn: Located at the exit of Bird and Flower Market, Yikeyin Old House Restaurant serves the traditional Yunnan Cuisine. The main building of the restaurant was built in 1852. It is a very typical example of the "Yikeyin" courtyard.
Place & Transport: Lijiang
Today's Activities: The Mural in Baisha Village, The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain(Yak Meadow)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Baisha Shiguang Restaurant
- The Mural in Baisha Village: Baisha village is one of the Naxi Minority villages in Lijiang and is more special because of the collection of murals in the village. Painted over a thousand years ago, they combine the cultures of Han, Tibetan and Naxi people displaying the life stories of the Tibet Buddhism, Confucian and Taoism. The unique artistic style and precious historical content of the murals attract visitors from home and abroad.
- The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain(Yak Meadow): The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain: It's a snow capped mountain with an altitude of 5596 meters above sea level. The mountain has 13 peaks of which the highest is 18000 feet above sea level. Its high mountain and meadow views setting off the snow and rivers, construct amazing picture. It is a large patch of pasture tucked away hidden amongst a virgin spruce forest on the eastern side of the Yulong Snow Mountain.
- Baisha Shiguang Restaurant: The restaurant is located in Baisha Village and provides mainly Naxi cuisine along with some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang
Today's Activities: Shuhe Naxi Village, The Black Dragon Pool, Lijiang Ancient Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Le Petit Paris
- Shuhe Naxi Village: Also called Longquan Village, it was an important town on the ancient tea and horse route, and also the earliest settlement of Naxi people. The whole town is peaceful with flowing streams flow pass ancient houses and bridges.
- The Black Dragon Pool: Listed in the Collections of Famous Pools of China, the Black Dragon Pool deserves more attention. The Black Dragon Park is named after the Black Dragon Pool. It is a good place for sightseeing and enjoying leisure time.
- Lijiang Ancient Town: The old town of Lijiang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has a long history and splended culture. It is famous for its orderly layout of waterways, bridges, wooden-structure houses, cobblestone streets and relaxing atmosphere. Cars are not allowed in the old city in order to protect the wnvironment. There are numerous bars and coffee shops where you can idle away.
- Le Petit Paris: Located at crowded bar street of Lijiang, Le Petit Paris mainly provides both Chinese and western dishes in bar style dining room.
Place & Transport: Lijiang to Kunming to Guiyang, Flight No. TBA, connect Air China CA1752 Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Guiyang)
Place & Transport: Guiyang
Today's Activities: Cultural Village in Tianlong, Huangguoshu Waterfall & Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area, Batik Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Cultural Village in Tianlong: The ancestors of Tunbao people were soldiers stationed in Guizhou Province about 600 years ago. Today Tunbao people live in forts with stone foundations, stone walls, roofs and watchtowers. Dixi, or ground opera, is a kind of perfomance they do at festivals and celebrations, which is considered to be the living fossil of ancient shows.
- Huangguoshu Waterfall & Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area: Huangguoshu Waterfall Scenic Area is one of the largest waterfall groups in China. It comprises 18 falls on the ground and 4 falls underground. The largest waterfall is as high as 68 meters, with a width of 81 meters.
- Batik Museum : The Batik Museum is near the Huangguoshu Waterfall in Anshun. You can see the process of making batik.
Place & Transport: Guiyang to KaiLi
Today's Activities: Shiqiao Miao village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Guiyang to KaiLi, Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum, Qingman Miao Village,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Shiqiao Miao village: People in Shiqiao Miao Ethnic Village still use their old and traditional way of making paper, using the bark of mulberry trees has the material. This paper making method has gone through over one thousand years of history, and materials have been extended to make color papers with different plants.
- Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum: Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum houses exhibitions that introduce the culture, geography and ethnic customs in southeastern Guizhou Province. Some very intereting writing, pictures and materials are displayed here.
- Qingman Miao Village: Qingman Miao Village is located 23 kilometers southwest of Kaili City. Here visitors will at local ethnic families how their traditional clohes are made and dyed.
- Kuai Huo Lin Restaurant: Kuai Huo Lin Restaurant is located in the center of Kaili city. Sour soup fish with less bone in hotpot is a Miao traditional dish served the Restaurant. It provides the chance to drink the rice wine and taste sticky rice.
Place & Transport: KaiLi to Xijiang to KaiLi
Today's Activities: Jidao Miao Village, , Embroidery Museum , Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Xijiang, Xijiang Miao Village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Xijiang to KaiLi
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
- Jidao Miao Village: Jidao Miao Village is set in idyllic surroundings where life is poor and simple. Local people tend their fields for many generations and live in traditional wooden houses that are hundreds of years old. The whole village has a tranquil atmosphere.
- Embroidery Museum : Embroidery Museum is near Jidao and Langde Miao people's village. It has displays of the ethnic costumes from the people of Guizhou. They also show they methods of making the different embroideries.
- Xijiang Miao Village: Xijiang Miao Village, also called the "homeland of Lusheng", is the largest Miao villages in Guizhou.
Geographic location: 36 km northeast of the county town of Leishan.
Place & Transport: KaiLi to Guiyang to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Guiyang, Airport Transfer (Guiyang)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Kunming||Flight not included||Airport Transfer (Kunming) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Kunming||The Stone Forest, [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Kunming to Lijiang||Flight No. TBA||Yuantong Temple, The Grand View Tower, Green Lake Park, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Lijiang) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Lijiang||The Mural in Baisha Village, The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain(Yak Meadow) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Lijiang||Shuhe Naxi Village, The Black Dragon Pool, Lijiang Ancient Town [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Lijiang to Kunming to Guiyang||Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Guiyang) [detail]||B|
|Day 7||Guiyang||Cultural Village in Tianlong, Huangguoshu Waterfall & Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area, Batik Museum [detail]||B,L|
|Day 8||Guiyang to KaiLi||Shiqiao Miao village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Guiyang to KaiLi, Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum, Qingman Miao Village, [detail]||B,L,D|
|Day 9||KaiLi to Xijiang to KaiLi||Jidao Miao Village, , Embroidery Museum , Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Xijiang, Xijiang Miao Village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Xijiang to KaiLi [detail]||B,L,D|
|Day 10||KaiLi to Guiyang to Departure City||Flight not included||Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Guiyang, Airport Transfer (Guiyang) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Kunming, Lijiang, Guiyang, KaiLi, Xijiang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Kunming To Lijiang Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Lijiang To Kunming Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Kunming To Guiyang Transfer via: Flight, CA1752 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.