Tiger leaping Gorge is the deepest, longest and narrowest gorge in the world.
11 Day Yunnan Naxi, Bai and Tibetan Ethnic Groups TourFrom:
$1853 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Kunming, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kunming)
Place & Transport: Kunming to Jianshui
Today's Activities: The Stone Forest, , Our guide and driver will escort you from Kunming to Jianshui
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel
- The Stone Forest: It is a notable and magnificent set of karst formations located about 90 kilometers from Kunming City. The various karst landsape emenate from the ground due to millions of years' of earth movement. The area around is home to ethnic groups such as Yi and Sani. Their folk customs, beautiful embroideries and ethnic dances will leave you a deep impression.
- Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel : Situated by the entrance to Stone Forest landscaped area, the restaurant is famous for its roast duck.
Place & Transport: Jianshui
Today's Activities: Jianshui Confucian Temple, Zhu Family Garden, The old town, The Chaoyang Gateway Arch
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Jianshui Confucian Temple: Covering an area of 76,000 square meters, the Confucian Temple is locate in the north of Jianshui. It is the second largest in China and was built in Yuan Dynasty over seven hundreds years ago. It provides valuable historical data for the study of Confucianism, the ancient examination system and traditional Chinese architecture.
- Zhu Family Garden: Located in Jianxin Street, the private garden of the Zhu family has a total area of 20,000 square meters. Built in late Qing Dynasty by Zhu Chaoying and his brother, the building is a typical local residence with distinctive features. The planned yards and gardens and well, the furnished rooms and halls and the structure of the architecture make this a very special place. After visiting here, you will have a more specific understanding of ancient houses in China.
- The Chaoyang Gateway Arch: Construit en 1389, pour Jianshui, elle a le même sens que la Tiananmen pour Beijing.
Place & Transport: Jianshui to Yuanyang
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Jianshui to Yuanyang, Yuanyang (terraced rice paddies, Hani villages and local market)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yuanyang (terraced rice paddies, Hani villages and local market): Yuanyang Rice Terrances has stunning sceneries with seasonal changes. It is a great view when they are full of water with reflection of the sky at sunset and sunrise in the spring time. Along the way, you will have a some time to visit the ethnic villages and the local market.
Place & Transport: Yuanyang to Kunming
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Yuanyang to Kunming
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Place & Transport: Kunming to Dali, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Dali), Houses of Bai People in Xizhou, Three Pagodas, Cruise on the Erhai Lake, Ancient City of Dali, ZhouCheng tie-dye family workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kaiyi's Kitchen
- Houses of Bai People in Xizhou: The village is a housing complex of Bai people formed from ancient times. In the center is the Square Street, surrounded by many shops. In the village you will see ethnic people dressed in their typical traditional clothes, busy with their daily chores. The local houses are very old, with exquisite paintings of artistic value on the outside walls.
- Three Pagodas: Located at the east foot of Cangshan Mountains, the Three Pagodas form a symmetric triangle, and are considered to be the landmarks of Dali. The pagodas were made of bricks and covered with white mud, and their balanced style is unique among ancient Buddhist architectures in China. Many valuable Buddhist scripts and scriptures are stored in the pagodas.
- Cruise on the Erhai Lake: The area around Lake Erhai is blessed with a mild climate and fertile land with forests containing valuable stocks of timber, medicinal herbs and rare animals. A cruise around the lake and its islands is an excellent way to explore the area and visit a working fishing village. Fifteen minutes' wait is sometimes required if there are less than five people to take the cruise.
- Ancient City of Dali: The ancient city of Dali is located at the foot of Cangshan Mountain. Built in 1382, it has traditionally been the settlement by Bai and Yi ethnic groups. The local people like planting trees and growing flowers, so there is a garden at almost every household. Dali is also famous for the many types of marbles it produces.
- Kaiyi's Kitchen: It mainly serves Chinese and westen food, located at the foreigner street of ancient city, it creates a casual environment for travellers.
Place & Transport: Dali to Lijiang
Today's Activities: Mt. Shibaoshan(Including Shizhong Temple, Baoxiang Temple and Haiyunju Section), Our guide and driver will escort you from Dali to Lijiang, Lijiang Ancient Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Misi Restaurant
- Mt. Shibaoshan(Including Shizhong Temple, Baoxiang Temple and Haiyunju Section): Extending over 20 kilometers, Mt. Shibaoshan blends natural charm with an historic splendor.
In the exquisite surrounds of some of the purest creeks and winding waterways of these ancient areas are many historic temples, pagodas and Buddhist caves for you to see and explore. The tranquil natural surroundings often evoke an ambience of relaxation and meditation while being immersed in meditative atmosphere of a by-gone era.
- Lijiang Ancient Town: The old town of Lijiang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has a long history and splended culture. It is famous for its orderly layout of waterways, bridges, wooden-structure houses, cobblestone streets and relaxing atmosphere. Cars are not allowed in the old city in order to protect the wnvironment. There are numerous bars and coffee shops where you can idle away.
- Misi Restaurant: Located in the center of Old City of Lijaing ,Misi Restaurant serves both Chinese and Western Cuisines.
Place & Transport: Lijiang
Today's Activities: The Mural in Baisha Village, Yunshanping on Jade Snow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Baisha Shiguang Restaurant
- The Mural in Baisha Village: Baisha village is one of the Naxi Minority villages in Lijiang and is more special because of the collection of murals in the village. Painted over a thousand years ago, they combine the cultures of Han, Tibetan and Naxi people displaying the life stories of the Tibet Buddhism, Confucian and Taoism. The unique artistic style and precious historical content of the murals attract visitors from home and abroad.
- Yunshanping on Jade Snow Mountain: It is a large patch of pasture tucked away hidden amongst a virgin spruce forest on the eastern side of the Yulong Snow Mountain.
- Baisha Shiguang Restaurant: The restaurant is located in Baisha Village and provides mainly Naxi cuisine along with some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: to Diqing
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from to Diqing, View the first bent of Yangtze River at The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town), Tiger Leaping Gorge
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- View the first bent of Yangtze River at The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town): Stone Drum Town stands the base of the mountain flanking First Bay on the Yangtze River. This town derives its name from a white marble carved monument in the shape of a drum. It has a diameter of 15 m and is 0.7 m tall. This historically relevant stone monument was erected during one of the earliest periods of history of the Lijiang area.
- Tiger Leaping Gorge: Tiger Leaping Gorge is one of the deepest river canyons in the world. Some small hamlets dotted there, mainly lived by Naxi people. Spring is considered to be the best time to visit, because the melting snow flows down from the mountains and make the river turbulent at its narrow points.
Place & Transport: Diqing
Today's Activities: Songzanlin Lamasery, Lake Bita and Lake Shudu
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kailash
- Songzanlin Lamasery: Occupying an area of 33 hectares, Songzanlin Lamasery is the largest Buddhist lamasery in Yunnan Province. Built in 1679 in the style of Potala Palace in Lhasa, the Lamasery stores many Buddhist statues and precious cultural treasures.
- Lake Bita and Lake Shudu: "Bita" means in Tibetan a place with a dense oak forest and "Bitahai" means a quiet lake. The Bitahai Lake is surrounded by mountains covered with ancient pines, oaks and rhododendrons, just like an emerald in the heart of the mountain. Shudu Lake is located in northeast of Shangri-la,it is one of the largest fresh water lakes on the Diqing plateau. The lake is surrounded by a forest of fir,spruce and silver birch, and is home to lots of wild animals such as bears,golden cats, deer and pheasants.
Place & Transport: Diqing to Kunming to Departure City, Flight No. TBA, connect Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shangri la)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Kunming||Flight not included||Airport Transfer (Kunming) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Kunming to Jianshui||The Stone Forest, , Our guide and driver will escort you from Kunming to Jianshui [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Jianshui||Jianshui Confucian Temple, Zhu Family Garden, The old town, The Chaoyang Gateway Arch [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Jianshui to Yuanyang||Our guide and driver will escort you from Jianshui to Yuanyang, Yuanyang (terraced rice paddies, Hani villages and local market) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Yuanyang to Kunming||Our guide and driver will escort you from Yuanyang to Kunming [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Kunming to Dali||Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Dali), Houses of Bai People in Xizhou, Three Pagodas, Cruise on the Erhai Lake, Ancient City of Dali, ZhouCheng tie-dye family workshop [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Dali to Lijiang||Mt. Shibaoshan(Including Shizhong Temple, Baoxiang Temple and Haiyunju Section), Our guide and driver will escort you from Dali to Lijiang, Lijiang Ancient Town [detail]||B,L|
|Day 8||Lijiang||The Mural in Baisha Village, Yunshanping on Jade Snow Mountain [detail]||B,L|
|Day 9||to Diqing||Our guide and driver will escort you from to Diqing, View the first bent of Yangtze River at The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town), Tiger Leaping Gorge [detail]||B,L|
|Day 10||Diqing||Songzanlin Lamasery, Lake Bita and Lake Shudu [detail]||B,L|
|Day 11||Diqing to Kunming to Departure City||Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Shangri la) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Kunming, Jianshui, Yuanyang, Dali, Lijiang, , Diqing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Kunming To Dali Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Diqing To Kunming Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.