Beijing, Xian, Shanghai
- Tour Code: MCT-SG-01
- Departure Date: You Choose!
The itinerary below has a description for each day’s activities and attractions. You can enrich this tour with our add-ons. Inquire for free.
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Detailed Itinerary: Your guide will meet you at the flight arrival, holding your name sign and a sign of China Highlights (our company name). Except a explanation of Beijing, your guide will also brief you how your self-guided tour goes.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
Detailed Itinerary: We arranged a day guided tour to help you getting used to China. Besides your travel to the following attractions, your guide will show you on the map the places of interests that you may visit in the next days, teach you some basic Chinese phrases, answer your questions about China.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District
Detailed Itinerary: Today, you will start your tour on your own. We suggest you the following must-see attractions in Beijing.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Treasure Houses: Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Summer Palace, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian)
Detailed Itinerary: An afternoon flight will let you have more time to discover Beijing. Before be transferred to the airport, you can visit Summer Palace or shopping malls near your hotel. Please keep in mind your departure time that your guide settle down in advance. When you arrive in Xian, we will have a guide to meet you at the flight arrival and help you to check in. Your guide will also discuss with you your itinerary in Xian and tell you the best way to travel.
- Summer Palace: Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. You can expect to spend 2-3 hours here. Renovations (complete in 2010) mean that an individual section or building may be closed at any one time, but this is a huge site. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Muslim Street, Xian City Wall with Bicycle
Detailed Itinerary: A classic Xian Tour on your own. We suggest you visiting the Terracotta Army, local streets and City Wall. Please remember to take along the map we prepare for you.
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Muslim Street: The 500-meter-long avenue paved by blue stones gathers many restaurants, food stands and souvenir shops, which are mostly run by Muslim people. A walk through the Muslim Quarter is an interesting experience,as it not only prvides good opportunities for food and shopping, but also see the vibrant life there.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle: The City Wall is the oldest and best preserved city wall in China, and it divides the city into inner and outer parts. It is 25.7 kilometers long and encircles the inner city. Biking on the City Wall is a pleasant experience to enjoy the view and its former glory.
Place & Transport: Xian to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Detailed Itinerary: Before going to the airport, you have time to visit Shaanxi History Museum on your own. The same as in Xian, we will have a guide to meet you at flight arrival in Shanghai. Your guide will take you a Shanghai map in English, and direct you the places you will visit.
- Shaanxi History Museum: Shaanxi Province is rich in historical relics, having served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties throughout China's History. Therefore, the history of Shaanxi is often said to be the history of China. The museum houses over 370,000 historical relics, spanning 1 million years from premitive stone age to modern times. Its architecture also embodies folk tradition and local features.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower&Shanghai Urban History and Development Museum
Detailed Itinerary: A day visit to the must see attractions in Shanghai on your own.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It gives an intersting exhibition of Shanghai's city planning in the past as well as in the future. The centerpiece is a huge scale model of Shanghai, which shows the layout the main buildings of this metropollis. Visitors will get to know the history, present and future developments of Shanghai through various displays and interactive exhibitions supported by multimedia and technology.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower&Shanghai Urban History and Development Museum: Located at the tip of Pudong District opposite the Bund, it is the tallest TV tower in Asia and the third in the world. It is a symbolic construction of Shanghai. There is a Shanghai History Museum on its 1st floor, where you will get to know Shanghai's history and development.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Detailed Itinerary: You will say goodbye to a 8 day discovery tour today. Get everything packed, and your guide will come and transfer you to the airport.
Why Choose Us?
- Our diverse experience of organizing tours, from group tours to all specialty private tours, such as biking and hiking.
- Highly-experienced and customer-focused staff.
- Easy and efficient communication.
- Best value for money.
- Positive feedback from previous customers.
- Can’t take this tour … no risk refund!
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.
Other ways to contact us
- 86-773-2889566 (International)
- Email: contact @ mychinatours.com
(Get replies within 1 working day.)
- Fax: 86-773--2827424 / 2885308
- Our Mailing Address:
China Highlights/ CITS Guilin,
No.11 Binjiang Road, Guilin, GX541002, P.R. China