Temple of Heaven is the place where emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would offer sacrifice to heaven and pray for good harvests.
12 Day Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Suzhou, Shanghai TourFrom:
$2181 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Forbidden City
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony: Summer Palace is China's largest and best preserved imperial garden. Covering an area of 290 hectares, Summer Palace mainly consists of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake. Visitors can enjoy a short cruise on the lake, or watch Beijing Opera at the Garden of Virtue and Harmony.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian), Great Mosque, Ancient City Wall
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch)
- Great Mosque: Built in 742, the Great Mosque in Xi'an is one of the largest Islamic mosques in China. Its architecture, unlike other mosques, is completely Chinese style, except for Arabic letters and decorations. It is an active mosque used by Chinese Muslims, or Hui People, as a place of worship.
- Ancient City Wall: The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defences still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre. You can walk, rent a bike,rickshaw or take an electric cart around the full 14km circuit, with great views of the city on either side. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch): Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant is located near the Hanguang Gate of Xi'an City Wall and has a capacity of 200 people. This restaurant features for Cantonese cuisine and seafood along with a great variety of refreshments. It has become popular for its elegant environment and excellent service.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Da Wan Cheng Hotel(A La Carte)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: It has become the symbol of Xi'an City since its construction in 652. The pagoda is about 64 meters tall, and it was built to house Buddhist sutras and figurines that Monk Xuanzang brought back from India. Ci'en Temple at the foot of the pagoda has several Buddhist halls and statues that are worth visiting.
Place & Transport: Xian to Chengdu, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport Transfer (Chengdu), Wanjiang Tower, Jinli Old Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Wanjiang Tower: Decorated with flying eaves, red pillars, green tiles and a gilded steeple ball on its pointed octagonal roof, the extremely splendid tower is the memorial to a famous female poet named Xuetao in Tang Dynasty.
- Jinli Old Street: Jinli Street was one of the busiest commercial street in ancient times. The architecture of the style of Ming and Qing Dynasties. Here you can enjoy almost all kinds of traditional dishes and snakcs of Chengdu, relax in one of the elegantly decorated bars,or buy some traditional crafts such as chopsticks, papercuts, tea and lanterns as souvenirs.
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Dujiangyan, Panda Breeding and Research Center
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Dujiangyan: Dujiangyan is a large irrigation project that was built in ancient times (256 BC), and it still functions perfectly today. The surrounding scenery is also very beautiful with numerous historical sites.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center: Situated in the suburbs of Chengdu City, it is home to the Giant Pandas, Lesser Pandas as well as some other endangered species. Here you can see Pandas eat, rest or play, or visit the Panda nursery room and and get to know about the breeding program.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: The Bund, Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Jinmao Tower, Jiangnan Silk Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Jade Buddha Temple: An active Buddhist temple, and one of the richest in Shanghai. The main treasures are two statues of Buddha, carved from rare single blocks of white jade adorned with precious stones. The temple is a hive of activity with monks, worshippers and visitors, and photos of the Buddhas are forbidden.
- Jinmao Tower: At 420 meters with 88 storeys, Jinmao Tower is among the tallest buildings in the world. The observation deck on the 88th floors offers stunning panoramic view of Shanghai.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou, The Grand Canal, Humble Administrators Garden, The No.1 Silk Factory, Our guide and driver will escort you from Suzhou to Shanghai
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal is the longest man-made waterway in the world. As you sail along the canal on boat, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of lakes, as well as people life alongside the banks.
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the largest one of all the gardens in Suzhou. Centered around a large pond, there are numerous pavilions, bridges, terraces, chambers and towers. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, because a lot of walking is needed here.
- The No.1 Silk Factory: Suzhou is famous for its silk since ancient times. The factory introduces how silk is processed from worms to final products.You can also buy some fine silk products at the shop or simply appreciate the goods on display.
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant: Originally established as a dumpling factory, Yangyang has developed into a restaurant serving diversified cuisine. Combining traditional delicacies with western-style food, Yangyang has been recognized by overseas tourist magazines.
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing||Flight not included||Airport Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Beijing||Tiananmen Square, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Forbidden City [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Beijing||The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Cloisonne Factory [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Beijing||Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace with boat Cruise & The Garden of Virtue and Harmony [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Beijing to Xian||Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian), Great Mosque, Ancient City Wall [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Xian||The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Xian to Chengdu||Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport Transfer (Chengdu), Wanjiang Tower, Jinli Old Street [detail]||B,L|
|Day 8||Chengdu||Dujiangyan, Panda Breeding and Research Center [detail]||B,L|
|Day 9||Chengdu to Shanghai||Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 10||Shanghai||The Bund, Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Jinmao Tower, Jiangnan Silk Museum [detail]||B,L|
|Day 11||Shanghai to Suzhou to Shanghai||Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou, The Grand Canal, Humble Administrators Garden, The No.1 Silk Factory, Our guide and driver will escort you from Suzhou to Shanghai [detail]||B,L|
|Day 12||Depart Shanghai||Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Shanghai, Suzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Chengdu To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.