8 Day Wine Tasting Tour to ShandongFrom:
$1120 / Per. Person
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Hall of Clocks and Watches, The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Tiananmen Square, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Qiu yi yuan Restaurant
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It sits in the northeast of the Forbidden City, there are more than 200 clocks and watches belonged to the 18 century on display. Mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, those clocks and watches have been working over 200 years, but they are still working quite well. They are stylish, sophisticated best represents the technical standard at that time. Some Chinese made timepieces are on display as well.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- Qiu yi yuan Restaurant : Qiu Yi Yuan Restaurant is located near the Summer Palace. Newly renovated in a Chinese tranditional style. Qiu Yi Yuan caters to a wide variety of tastes and features for Sichuan cuisine.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Qingdao, Train No. D333 (Beijing South Railway Station Railway Station - Qingdao Railway Station) Dep 08:23 - Arr 14:10
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Qingdao), Tsingtao Beer Museum, International Beer Town
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Tsingtao Beer Museum: Tsingtao Beer Museum has selected Tsingtao Beers and brewing facilities and techniques on display. You can also taste or buy some beers at the bar and shop. Tsingtao Beer is a very famous beer brand in China.
Place & Transport: Qingdao
Today's Activities: Qingdao International Sailing Center, Zhanqiao Pier, No1 Bathing Beach, Badaguan /Eight Passes
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Qingdao International Sailing Center: Qingdao International Sailing Center covers an area of 45 hectares, and it was one of the competition venues for the 2008 Olympic Games.
- Zhanqiao Pier: Built in 1891 as a naval pier, now the Zhanqiao Pier is symbol of the Qingdao city. It is 440 meters long reaching into Qingdao Bay. At the southern end of it, there is a traditional 2-story pavilion. It is an ideal place to enjoy the sea view.
- No1 Bathing Beach: No 1 Bathing Beach was once the largest bathing beach in Asia. The beach stretches about 580 meters long, with green trees, clear water and soft sands. The surrounding mountains, modern buildings and traditional villas form a beautiful scene.
- Badaguan /Eight Passes: Located in the east of Qingdao City in Shandong Province. The several boulevards near the sea refers to Badaguan, here the shade of trees make you linger on, the famous Huaming Building , Princess Building and other villas are full of exoticism.
Place & Transport: Qingdao to Yantai
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Qingdao to Yantai, Changyu Wine Museum, Binhai Road, Yantai Hill
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Changyu Wine Museum: Changyu Wine-Culture Museum was built in 1992, consisting of underground cellar with one hundred years history and exhibition hall. These two parts lay out the glorious history of Chinese vintage industry in a century. With 7 meters in depth, built in 1894 and completed in 1903, the large cellar is the only large underground cellar in Asia. The exhibition hall is divided into History Hall, Wine-Culture Hall, Honor Hall, Painting and Calligraphy Hall which wholly display the history of Changyu Wine-Culture in a century. There are many manuscripts and collections from personages in the exhibition hall.
- Binhai Road: Binhai road runs throughout the urban area from north area Yantai Mountain to the Yangma Islet. It is a great pleasure to see the sails dotted on the sea and islands stands upright, to listen to the chatter of seabirds and the murmur of the wave. Located on the east of central urban area, the No.1 bathing beach provides superior facilities and rental service including swimsuit, water ring, air valve, freshwater bathroom, rest room and sunshade.
- Yantai Hill: on the east Yantaishan Road, No.15.It is the symbol of Yantai city
Place & Transport: Yantai to Beijing, Shandong Airlines SC4855 (Yantai Laishan Airport - Beijing Capital Airport T3) Dep 17:00 - Arr 18:20
Today's Activities: Karst Wine Resort, , Hotel to airport Transfer (Yantai), Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Karst Wine Resort: Changyu vintage company was originated by investment from wealth businessman Mr. Zhang Bishi in 1892 in Yantai city. 'Much better than imperial wine' is the inscription of Sun Yat-sen for Changyu Company in 1912. Aquavit, Red grape, Riesling, Gewurztramine won gold medal and diploma of most excellent quality in Panama World Fair in 1915. It was nominated the exclusive ‘International Grape and Wine City’ in Asia in the International Grape and Wine Festival in 1987.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Transport||Today's Activities||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing||Flight not included, Flight No. TBA||Airport Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||\|
|Day 2||Beijing||Hall of Clocks and Watches, The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Tiananmen Square, Lizexiang Pearl Store [detail]||B,L|
|Day 3||Beijing||Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory [detail]||B,L|
|Day 4||Beijing to Qingdao||Train No. D333||Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Qingdao), Tsingtao Beer Museum, International Beer Town [detail]||B,L|
|Day 5||Qingdao||Qingdao International Sailing Center, Zhanqiao Pier, No1 Bathing Beach, Badaguan /Eight Passes [detail]||B,L|
|Day 6||Qingdao to Yantai||Our guide and driver will escort you from Qingdao to Yantai, Changyu Wine Museum, Binhai Road, Yantai Hill [detail]||B,L|
|Day 7||Yantai to Beijing||Flight No. SC4855||Karst Wine Resort, , Hotel to airport Transfer (Yantai), Airport Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||B,L|
|Day 8||Depart Beijing||Flight not included, Flight No. TBA||Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing) [detail]||B|
* Prices are in US dollars per person. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 3, 2012), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2012), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 21-26, 2012).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
Price Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Qingdao, Yantai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing South To Qingdao Transfer via: Train, D53 (Our arrangements)
Yantai To Beijing Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.