Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze, Chongqing, Xian, Beijing
- Tour Code: MCT-YZ-02
- Departure Date: You Choose!
The itinerary below has a description for each day’s activities and attractions. You can enrich this tour with our add-ons. Inquire for free.
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Museum, Yuyuan Market, The Bund, Julong Silk Exhibition
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
- Jade Buddha Temple: An active Buddhist temple, and one of the richest in Shanghai. The main treasures are two statues of Buddha, carved from rare single blocks of white jade adorned with precious stones. The temple is a hive of activity with monks, worshippers and visitors, and photos of the Buddhas are forbidden.
- Yuyuan Garden: Yu Garden was built in 1559, and is a beautiful landscape park consists of pavilions, bridges, rocks, resident halls and ponds. A busy small market nearby offers a great shopping opportunity for souvenirs, antiques and local snacks.
- Shanghai Museum: The biggest, and many think the best museum in China. The galleries in this outstanding building display stunning collections of bronzes, sculptures, ceramics and porcelain, paintings, calligraphy, seals, jade, coins, furniture, ethnic artefacts from minority groups, temporary travelling exhibitions from places like the Guggenheim, and so much more ... give yourself time to enjoy it.
- Yuyuan Market: Also known as City God Temple, it is a Taoist temple built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a ver important temple in Shanghai people's life. Many people come to worship and pray. During traditional festivals, it is very busy holding ceremonies.
- The Bund: The 1.5-kilometer-long pedestrian with Huangpu River on the east side, is lined with European-style buildings on both sides, so it is also called "World Architectural Fair". Beautiful scenery together with shops, restaurants and bars offer much to see and do during a leisurely walk. The view at night is also magical with lighting on.
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is a old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Yichang to Yangtze, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 10:00pm and departs Yichang at night--00:00am.(Dinner is not included)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam Site(8:30-10:30am).
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction will be competed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(8:00am-12:30pm).You also have the option of visiting the White Emperor City.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excurison to Fengdu Ghost City(0830-1030).
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
--Fengdu is where the devil lives, according to Chinese legend. They say that spirits go to heaven, and evil goes to Fengdu. The town is overlooked by Ming Shan Hill, home of Tianzi, the King of the Dead. The whole place has an eerie feel to it with deserted streets, tower blocks, empty shops and banks. The only people here are those who make a living from visiting cruise boats.
Place & Transport: Yangtze to Chongqing to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), , Ciqikou Old Town, Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo, Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Airport Transfer (Xian), Arrives in Chongqing at 9:00am.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant(Yangjiaping Branch)
- Ciqikou Old Town: A symbol and miniature of old Chongqing, this vibrant old neighborhood retains the buildings that date back to the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Its steep and narrow streets and wooden houses lining on each side are mostly unimproved and thus keep their original appearance. Shops that sell numerous souvenirs and handicrafts are worth exploring, while the tea houses, food stands and restaurants offer a good opportunity to taste the local food.
- Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo: Situated in the west suburb of Chongqing City, it exhibits more than 4500 animals, including South China Tigers and Golden Hair Monkeys. Visitors can see Giant Pandas, Lesser Pandas and their offspring at the Panda Room.
- Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant(Yangjiaping Branch): Located close to the Chongqing Zoo, Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant serves with dishes are cooked with local flavors and ingredients. Cantonese dishes are also available.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: Bell Tower, The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch)
- Bell Tower: One of the oldest and best-preserved Bell Towers in China, the ancient wooden tower stands on a huge brick base in the city centre. There are many legends attached to its past, and traffic is no longer allowed through the vast archways, which form the pedestrian access to the tower. There’s also an interesting exhibition of ancient musical instruments, with regular free performances.
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses : It is one of the "Eight Wonders of the World". Over 7000 life-size soliders, chariots, horses as well as other archeological relics have been buried in this impeiral tomb since 210 BC, till they were accidentally discovered in 1974. Here you can also watch a film introducing the history of this vault. It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: It has become the symbol of Xi'an City since its construction in 652. The pagoda is about 64 meters tall, and it was built to house Buddhist sutras and figurines that Monk Xuanzang brought back from India. Ci'en Temple at the foot of the pagoda has several Buddhist halls and statues that are worth visiting.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): A Wa Village Restaurant was established in 2004, mainly specializes in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine. It provides delicacy by using the material from xancin, obtaining a nationwide reputation from customers. It would be a nice choice to dine while traveling the nearby Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses.
Place & Transport: Xian to Overnight train, Train No. Z20 (Xian Railway Station Railway Station - Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep - Arr
Today's Activities: Great Mosque, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Xian)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch)
- Great Mosque: Built in 742, the Great Mosque in Xi'an is one of the largest Islamic mosques in China. Its architecture, unlike other mosques, is completely Chinese style, except for Arabic letters and decorations. It is an active mosque used by Chinese Muslims, or Hui People, as a place of worship.
- Ancient City Wall: The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defences still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre. You can walk, rent a bike,rickshaw or take an electric cart around the full 14km circuit, with great views of the city on either side. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant(Hanguang Branch): Yue Zhen Xuan Restaurant is located near the Hanguang Gate of Xi'an City Wall and has a capacity of 200 people. This restaurant features for Cantonese cuisine and seafood along with a great variety of refreshments. It has become popular for its elegant environment and excellent service.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Beijing
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing), Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Li Heng Tang pearl store
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch)
- Tiananmen Square: Located in the center of Beijing City, it is the largest city square in the world. It is surrounded by many magnificent buildings, such as national museums, People's Hall, and Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
- The Forbidden City: The Imperial Palace was once home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, from 1420 till 1911.Its construction began in 1406 and completed in 1420. It is the world's largest and best preserved ancient complex of wooden architecture. In 1987, it was enrolled as a "World Chutural Heritage" by the UNESCO.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves traditional-style food(mainly noodle) in a active Old Peking atmosphere. Waiters clad traditionally shout and cry around the room to announce customers arriving or leaving. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce, it is very noisy! You have some real experience of Old Beijing.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Roasted Duck at Hepingmen
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420, the Temple of Heaven covers an area of 2.72 million square meters,even bigger than the Imperial Palace. Most of the buildings are located along the central axis from south to north. This is where ancient emperors used to hold sacrificial ceremonies and pray for bumper harvests for his people.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car): This section of the Great Wall is less-crowded than Badaling. It is about 2.5 hours from Beijing city center. Cables car is available to take visitors to a good section and enjoy superb views from its watch towers. You can either walk back down or choose to descend in a chairlift. Good walking shoes and protection from weather is advisable.
- Roasted Duck at Hepingmen: Hepingmen Quanjude Restaurant enjoys a high reputation among domestic and overseas customers for its Beijing roast duck. They have developed their own technique and are famous for outstanding quality. It was established in 1979 and located beside Hepingmen Gate (Peace Gate). The well-known All-Duck Banquet is headed by QUANJUDE roast duck and supported by over 400 dishes with QUANJUDE characteristic flavor.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District: Hutong, or old alleys, is the best place to observe the tradition of old Beijing. By taking a Hutong tour, visitors can ride a rickshaw that goes through the winding Hutongs, visit a local family in their courtyard house, talk to Beijingers and get to see how life goes on within these traditional architectures.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Why Choose Us?
- Our diverse experience of organizing tours, from group tours to all specialty private tours, such as biking and hiking.
- Highly-experienced and customer-focused staff.
- Easy and efficient communication.
- Best value for money.
- Positive feedback from previous customers.
- Can’t take this tour … no risk refund!
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.
Other ways to contact us
- 86-773-2885330 (International)
- Email: contact @ mychinatours.com
(Get replies within 1 working day.)
- Fax: 86-773--2827424 / 2885308
- Our Mailing Address:
China Highlights/ CITS Guilin,
No.11 Binjiang Road, Guilin, GX541002, P.R. China