Mountain Emei, located in the southwest of Emeishan City of Sichuan Province with 160 kilometers (99 miles) from Chengdu, the province capital of Sichuan Province, covers an area of 154 square kilometers (59 square miles). The main peak in Emei Mt. is Wanfo Top with 3,099 meters (10,167 feet) above the sea level. Mountain Emei is one of the four mountain ranges in China that Buddhists considere sacred together with Wutai Mt. in Shanxi Province, Putuo Mt. in Zhejiang Province and Jiuhua Mt. in An... Emeishan Overview
- Baoguo Temple : As the biggest temple in Emei Mt, Baoguo Temple is the entrance and exit of the mountain, located at the foot of Emei Mt., backing against the majestic Guangming Mt. and facing the beautiful Fenghuangbao, and Baoguo Temple is said to be "the First Scenery” in Emei Mountain.
- Wannian Temple: As the major temple in Emei Mountain, Wannian Temple was built in Eastern Jin Dynasty（317 A.D.-420 A.D.）with its initial name of Puxian Temple, and the Zhuan Palace was built in the reign of Emperor Wanli during Ming Dynasty (1368- A.D.1644 A.D.), where held the bronze statue of Buddha Samantabhadra mounting on a white elephant with 7.85 meters (25.8 feet) in height and 62 tons in weight, and the statue was considered the most valuable treasure in Wannian Temple.
- Fuhu Temple: Fuhu Temple was originally built in Tang Dynasty（618 A.D.-907 A.D.) with its initial name of Shenlong Hall. As the mountain shaped like a crouching tiger behind the temple, so it was called Fuhu Temple then.
- Railway: The visitors from the other cities can stop at Emeishan Railway Station, which is just about 10 kilometers from the front gate of Emei Scenic Spot, Baoguo Temple.
- Air: As a well-known tourism resort both in domestic and abroad, the transportation in Chengdu is very convenient. The major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing and Zhengzhou, all have already established direct flight to Chengdu. Travelers need to firstly reach Chengdu by air, where the buses leave Xinnanmen Bus Station to Emei City for a few hours. Once in Emei City you can take a taxi ride to the foot of the mountain at Baoguo Temple.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace