With a good reputation of enthralling landscape since ancient time, Guilin has always been an important tourist destination all over the world. It has been endowed as the important scenery tourist city and the historical cultural city in China by the State Council of the People's Republic of China. It is also known as the Pearl of the international tourism, characterized by its green hills, clear water, pretty rocks and grotesque caves. It is the typical representative of China's natural scenery as well. Guilin is located in the south-western of Nanling Mountains, with an average elevation of 150 meters. The name “Guilin” means "forest of Sweet Osmanthus", owing to the large number of fragrant Sweet Osmanthus trees located in the city. It is a typical Karst topography with the limestone eroded for hundreds of millions of years. Therefore, it has formed a lot of unique landscapes. Among them the most representative Guilin attractions are: Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo... Guilin Overview
- Piled Silk Hill: Staying in the northeast of Guilin by the Li River, Piled Silk Hill is one of the most popular attractions in Guilin, known for its amazing scenery and stone carvings. Due to the resemblance of its rock formations, which are piled up layer upon layer on each other, it is now also known as Folded Brocade Hill.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill, located by the shore of Li River in the downtown, is a beautiful place gathering mountain, water, holes, stone, gardens and heritage of the city as a whole. It is renowned for its unique caves, beautiful scenery and clear lake, thus it has gained many good reputations.
- Elephant Trunk Hill : Elephant Trunk Hill is located on the western bank of Li River Scenery, at the confluence of Li River and the Peach Blossom River (Taohuajiang). It obtained its name because the mountain resembles closely an elephant stretching its nose drinking water on the river bank. It is known as a symbol of Guilin landscape.
- Good Aunt: Good Aunt is located on the 6th floor of Smiling Hall, 37 Zhongshan Road, Guilin. It is Guilin’s largest food and beverage company with the most variety of food.
- Left Bank Cafe: Left Bank Café is located beside Hotel Universal Guilin, on the left bank of Li River. It is a large-sized leisure café. Overlooking the beautiful scenery of the Li River from the sixth floor of the café, you will feel that it is really a feast to your eyes both during the day and night.
- Rosemary Cafe: Rosemary Cafe is located on No.1-1 Guilin Yiren Road (near the Bell Tower in Zhengyang Walking Street). It is a western restaurant with dishes of foreign taste. The environment is traditional in warm family-style.
- Lipu Taro and Pork Loaf: Lipu Taro and Pork Loaf, a traditional famous dish of Guilin, has been announced as the national specialty. Fried marbling pork and Lipu taro steamed together in a pot. This dish characterized by golden color and tender meat. Giving you a unique taste, fat but not greasy.
- Lotus Leaf Braised Duck (Guilin Heye Ya): Lotus Leaf Braised Duck is a traditional nourishing dish in Guilin. Green lotus leaf, grown in the lotus pond in the outskirts of Guilin, served as the wrapping. Wrapped in lotus leaf and stuffed with various fillings, the duck is finally steamed for a long time.
- Yangshuo Beer Fish: Yangshuo Beer Fish is an agglomeration of Cantonese cuisine and Sichuan cuisine. Local people boast for two unique skills. One is the dish cooked in Yangshuo. The other is fresh carp in the Li River. ...
Traveling in Guilin, you can not only view the picturesque scenery, but also indulge yourself in the fun of modern entertainment. In recent years, new entertainment activities have emerged in endlessly. Every night, the city shows a scene of feasting and revelry. What are most popular are the places such as night clubs and bowling alleys. Guilin Nightlife
- Show of Impression Liusanjie: Show of Impression Liusanjie is directed by China’s famous director Zhang Yimou and it has taken three and a half years to complete it. It integrates Li river landscape with the culture of the ethnic minorities in Guangxi and the creation of great artists.
- Night cruise on the Two Rivers and Four Lakes: Two Rivers and Four Lakes, a park-like scenic area, is Guilin's central round-the-city water system, located in the downtown area of Guilin.
- Artificial Lijiang Waterfall Sight: Guilin Lijiang Waterfall Hotel, located on the southeast corner of the city's central square, will show the artificial Lijiang waterfall sight. Combining the important position of this hotel and its transformation, Guilin has constructed a large man-made waterfall. And this landscape is opened officially on April 30, 2002.
Provides information on the weather of Guilin, and when is the best time for a Guilin tour. Guilin Weather
- Inner city transportation: Taxi Guilin is a small city, so using a taxi for getting from one place to another is very convenient and relatively inexpensive. In the daytime (6:30 am-11:00 pm), the initial charge is 7 yuan for th...
- Highways: Land transportation to nearby counties, cities, and provinces is frequent and convenient. There are 3 bus stations in Guilin, but the major one is the Guilin Long-Distance Bus Station, which is locate...
- Waterway: Guilin is extremely known for its unique karst landscapes and beautiful waterway system. For tourism purposes, there are 2 kinds of cruises available for enjoying the area’s natural beauty: the ...
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace