As the capital of Guizhou Province in China, Guiyang is located in the east of Yun-Gui Plateau, which is one of the central cities in the southwest region as well as transportation hub and business travel services center with the name of “the Pearl on the Plateau”. It is the intersection of three railways: Chuan-Qian Railway (from Hunan Province to Guizhou Province), Gui-Kun Railway ( from Guiyang to Kunming City in Yunnan Province) and Qian-Gui Railway (from Guizhou Province to Guangxi Province), which covers a total area of 8,034 square kilometers (3,101 square miles) with the urban area of 2,403 square kilometers (928 square miles). Guiyang administers 7 districts, 1 county-level city and 3 counties, namely: Wudang District, Nanming District, Jinyang New District, Yunyan District, Huaxi District, Baiyun District, Xiaohe District; Qingzhen City; Kaiyang County, Xiuwen County, Xifeng County. Guiyang is a multi-ethnic area with a total population of 3.93 million, among whi... Guiyang Overview
As a region taking on a Karst feature, Guiyang is abundant in natural landscapes, which is characterized by the mountains with strange-shaped peaks, the crystal-clear water, the fantastic rocks and the caves with unique formation. Besides, there are lots of county-level scenic spot attractions and mysterious and fantastic folk customs. Guiyang Attractions
- The Red Maple Lake: The Red Maple Lake is located in the west suburb of Guiyang City with 33 kilometers (20.5 miles) away from the downtown area, and it is 25 kilometers long (15.5 miles) from south to north and 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) wide from east to west with 100 meters in depth, which is bestowed the title of “a Pearl on the Plateau”.
- Flowery River Park : As "one of the Three Pearls on the Plateau" in Guiyang City, the Flowery River Park is located in Huaxi District in south suburb of Guiyang city with 17 kilometers (10.6 miles) from the city center, built in 1937, and it is covers an area of 126 acres with 49-acre water area, which is a famous tourism attraction in Guizhou Province combining natural hills and rivers, idyllic sceneries and folk customs. There are many natural scenic spots and culture relics in the park, and every year thousands of visitors from all over the world to come here appreciating the fine views in the park.
- Jiaxiu Pavilion : Standing on a huge rock in the Nanming River in the south of Guiyang City, Jiaxiu Pavilion was built in the 26th year during the reign of Wanli in the Ming Dynasty (1,368- A.D.-1,644 A.D.) by Guizhou ...
Guiyang attracts many tourists from all over the world not only for its beautiful natural sceneries, but also for its delicious food, featuring by tongue-numbing flavor and hot flavor. There is a slight difference between the two: the tongue-numbing flavor is made from several spices and the hot flavor is made from chilies. Guiyang Restaurants
- Gourmet Food Street: The Gourmet Food Streets in Guiyang City are mainly located in Yanwu Street, Xinhua Road, Putuo Street, Qianling West Road and Qianling East Road.
- Recommended Restaurants: Ancient Kaili Sour Soup with Fish (Shengfu Chain Restaurant) The recommended dish in the restaurant is Sour Soup with Fish. Location: it is in No.55, on Shengfu Road of Guiyang City Tel: 0851-58436...
As the commercial center in Guizhou Province, Guiyang is rich in handcrafts and specialties featuring local characteristics and ethnic characteristic, among which the famous ones are as follows: the Beef Jerky, pimientos, log carvings, ox-horn products, silver adorn and Maotai Wines. The main shopping centers in Taiyuan are located in Zunyi Road, Ruijin Road, Zhonghua Road and Zhongshan Road. Guiyang Shopping
- Department Stores: In the recommended department stores, there are many middle- grade and top grade commodities featuring ethnic characteristics in the department store.
- Supermarket: In the conveniently located supermarket, there are many middle- grade and top grade commodities.
As the capital of Guizhou Province, the nightlife in Guiyang is very rich and colorful. There are more than 10 showplaces as well as a lot of Bowling Clubs, nightclubs pubs and bars, which are the recreational places for the young people. In recent years, the teahouses have mushroomed like bamboo shoots after a spring rain with a harmonious atmosphere, where you can not only taste delicious tea, but also you can watch the folk performances. Guiyang Nightlife
- Pubs and Bars: Good Mood Bar Location: it is in No. 57, on Qianling East Road in Yunyan District of Guiyang City. Tel: 0851-6778423 Opening Hours: from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am every day Quandian Bar Location: it is ...
- Nightclubs: Wuyu Imperial Nightclub Location: it is on Nanchang Road of Guiyang City Tel: 0851-5864000 Opening Hours: from 6:30 pm to 1:00 am every day Communication Nightclub Location: it is on the 5F, 64,...
- Teahouse: Triumphal Arch Teahouse Location: it is on Hequn Road of Guiyang City Tel: 0851-6574122 Opening Hours: from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm every day Qixin Teahouse Location: it is on Shahe Street of Guiyang...
Guiyang has humid subtropical climate in the North Temperate Zone with the annual average temperature of 15.3°C. The weather in Guiyang is neither too cold in winter nor too hot in summer all the year around, it is warm with enjoyable sunshine in spring and cool with fresh air in autumn. Guiyang Weather
As the Provincial capital as well as the tourist collecting and distributing center of Guizhou Province in China, the transportation in Guiyang is rather modern and convenient. Transportation in Guiyang is composed of a three dimensional transport system of airways, railways, highways and waterways as well as public transportation such as buses and taxies, with the railways as the dominate mode of travelling on the whole. At the same time, there are regular sightseeing bus services from Guiyang and the major cities in Guizhou Province. Guiyang Transportation
- Railway: Guiyang is the collecting and distributing center for the tourists in Guizhou Province with the railways as the main mode of transportation.
- City Transportation: The roads in Guiyang are wide and good and the bus system in Guiyang is rather modern and convenient. You can take a bus to most places of the city, especially to the scenic spots.
- Highway: Centered with Guiyang, the highways in Guiyang are very modern and convenient, and it has very extensive highway networks with national highways No. 210 and 321 running through Guiyang as well as 4 provincial-level roads, extending to the other cities all over China.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
- 3 Day Guiyang and Huangguoshu Waterfall Tour (MCT-GY-01) From $335
- 7 Day Guiyang and Undiscovered Villages Tour (MCT-GY-02) From $793
- 10 Day Guiyang Landscape and Minority Discovery Tour (MCT-GY-03) From $1477
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.