Hangzhou, the city located at China's southeast coast, is the capital of Zhejiang Province and also the center of provincial politics, economy and culture. Besides, it's an important traffic hub in Southeast of China as well as the second center city of Yangtze River Delta Region. With its developed economy, Hangzhou has ranked the second in China according to its GDP and one of the nationwide ten top large and medium cities by its aggregate economic strength. With a long history of over 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of the seven ancient cities in China. It is abundant in culture scenes: ancient yards, parks, architectures, pavilions, temples, fountains, grottos, plaques and so on. Visitors will be impressed by its bead curtains and jaspers, different bridges and misty galleries, clear water and delightful climate, unique stones and spectacular caves. All such beautiful and attracti... Hangzhou Overview
A land full of beauty and potential, Hangzhou is one of the seven ancient capitals of China with a history of over 2,200 years, and it is one of the famous historical and cultural cities approved by the State Council of China. Hangzhou Attractions
- Wuzhen: Wuzhen is a typical Jiangnan town, with a reputation of "hometown of fertile fish and rice, mansion of silk". There is a river running through the whole town. All buildings face the river, which forms a charming water-town sight. In 1991, Wuzhen was regarded as a famous provincially cultural town and now it's a National AAAA Scenery. Here perfectly conserves ancient town scenes and structures of Late Qing Dynasty and Republican Period.
- West Lake: Hangzhou West Lake, the fascinating fairyland, used to be described as a charming Oriental beauty by Su dongpo. Standing on the same glaring level, West Lake and Lake Geneva are usually compared to be a wonderful pair of bright pearl lightening each other in the east and the west of the world. For the existence of West Lake, Hangzhou leaps to be the most beautiful and relaxing city.
- Putuo Mountain: Putuo Mountain is the lowest of China's sacred mountains and also one of Chinese Four Buddhist Shrines. With an area of only twelve square kilometers, Putuo Mountain locates on a small island of Zhoushan Archipelago, five kilometers east of Zhoushan Island in Zhejiang province. Facing to the Shenjia Gate on Zhoushan Archipelago, the Putuo Mountain has been reputed as a Sea-Heaven Buddha Kingdom for a long time. In
- Grandmother Home: Grandmother Home is one special restaurant with an extensive reputation. It deserved the good name of suitable level of "high quality and inexpensive". The restaurant mainly hits Hangzhou home-style cooking and other various dishes.
- Zuibai Restaurant: Zuibai Restaurant is famous with its local dishes. It masters the local diet characters of insipidity, luscious taste and fresh flavor. Dishes in this restaurant focus on their fresh materials, unique ingredients and delicate cooking skills. Except for enjoying delicious foods, customers also can extravagantly enjoy the beautiful West Lake Scenery.
- Chef Ding Restaurant: The Chef Ding Restaurant is established in a very nice environment: decorated with old-timey but not outdated style, elegance but not lack of meteoric taste. Except for the little high price, dishes here are unquestionable to be excellent.
Nowadays, mainly attributing to its high quality and low price, Hangzhou cuisine is very famous in Jiangnan Area. As one of China's Top Eight Cuisines, Hangzhou cuisine characterized with its lite taste and delicate appearance. Hangzhou Food
- Shallot Stuffed Pancake: Shallot Stuffed Pancake is one of traditional and tasteful specialties in Hangzhou. It is said that there used to be a Wang Er who's famous for his special skill to fry pancakes. From then on, citizens there in succession imitated Wang Er to make the Pancake.
- Victory Cake : Dingsheng Gao, originated from Song Dynasty, has been endeared by Hangzhou citizens. Such cake is made with delicate and steady glutinous rice flour as its cover, and bean paste filling with some white sugar and osmanthus flours as its stuffing. It is in pink indicating victory.
- Crisp Cake: It's said that the Crisp Cake had long been famous all around the whole country since 300 years ago. The cake is made with superior flour mixed with white sugar, fried with peanut oil. It's crisp and tasty in golden color. Visitors in Hangzhou can have a taste of this cake in place like Mingxiang Restaurant in Wushan.
As an attractive and famous tourism city, Hangzhou's weather plays a very important role in this city. Hangzhou is in subtropical zone with monsoon climate. The climate in this city is usually pleasant and there are four distinctive and well-proportioned seasons in a year. Hangzhou Weather
As the capital of Zhejiang province and one of China's important tourism cities, Hangzhou possesses a very convenient transportation net: Hangzhou Transportation
- Train: There are two railway stations operated mainly for passengers: Hangzhou New Railway Station and the East Railway Station. Both the railway stations are not far away from the city center.
- City Transportation: In Hangzhou city, there are 278 bus lines and 3176 buses available for visitors. Besides, except for taking bus, tourists here can choose sightseeing buses for their travelling. It is also very convenient for taking taxi.
- Airport: Hangzhou Xiao Shan International Airport locates in the east of Xinjie Town of Xiao Shan District, 27 kilometers away from the city. Here's a 17.6 kilometers airport lane connects to Hangzhou City. 126 domestic and international routes established connecting flights from and to most of the cities within China.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace