As the “Porcelain Capial” in China, Jingdezhen City is located in the northeast of Jiangxi Province, with Zhi County of An’hui Province in the northwest, Wuyuan County in the southeast and Baoyang County in the west, which was considered “one of the Four Most Famous Cities in China” together with Foshan City of Guangdong Province, Hankou City of Hubei Province and Zhuxianzhen of Henna Province, covering an area of 5,256 square kilometers (2,029 square miles), and it is also “One of the 24 Famous Historical and Cultural Cities in China”. The city administers 2 districts, one county-level city and one county, namely: Zhushan District, Changjiang District; Fuliang County and Leping City. Jingdezhen City has a total population of 1.52 millions, among which 0.5 million people live in urban area. History Jingdezhen City has a long history with gloriou... Jingdezhen Overview
Jingdezhen City is very rich in tourism attractions in its unique style, including the porcelain culture, humanistic landscape and ecological environment, and it is especially famous for its porcelains, which is characterized by its unique characteristics: as white as jade, as thin as a piece of paper, as bright as a mirror and as resonant as a bell. Jingdezhen Attractions
- Hutian Ancient Kiln Site: With the longest history and the largest scale among many kilns sites in Jingdezhen City in ancient times, Hutian Ancient Kiln Site is located in Hutian Village in the southeast of Jingdezhen City, which is 800 meters (875 yards) long from south to north and 700 meters (766 yards) wide from west to east with 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) from the city center, covering an area of 400,000 square meters (99 acres), and it is a typical kiln site reflecting the history of Jingdezhen City.
- Yaoli Ancient Town: Located 61 kilometers (38 miles) in the northeast of Jingdezhen City, Yaoli Ancient Town was built in the later years of the Western Han Dynasty (206 B.C- 25 A.D.), which is surrounded by mountains with the Elephant Mountain in the south and the Lion Mountain in the north, with the Yao River flowing smoothly through the town. Yaoli Ancient Town was the original place of raw material of porcelains in Jingdezhen City in history as well as the collecting and distributing center for teas and porcelains and rice.
- Fuliang Ancient City: As the only well-preserved county-level magistrate’s office in the Qing Dynasty (1,616 A.D.-1,911 A.D.) style in the south of Yangtze River, Fuliang Ancient Magistrate’s Office preserves the original appearance of the ancient times, which is bestowed with the title of “the First Magistrate’s Office in the South of the Yangtze River”. The whole distribution of the magistrate office is very reasonable in a stately and magnificent style, and it still remains the Main Gate, the Second Gate, the Courtyard, the Grand Hall, the Second Hall and the Third Hall, which are well connected with one another by the corridor.
Jingdezhen attracts many tourists from all over the world not only for its culture relics, but also it is famous for its delicious food. The food in the city is characterized by spicy flavor on the whole. Jingdezhen Restaurants
- Western Restaurants: 1. Time Backflow Restaurant Location: it is in No. 6, on Zhejiang Road of Jingdezhen City Tel: 0798-8288079 Bus Routes: 6, 11, 28, 2 and 18 Opening Hours: from 9:00 am to 10:30 pm every day 2. Floren...
As a famous tourism city in Jiangxi Province, Jingdezhen City is very rich in specialties and souvenirs of all different kinds, among which the most well-known ones are porcelains and teas. Jingdezhen Shopping
- Supermarket: 1. Wal-Mart Supermarket Location: it is on the first floor, Kaimenzi Shopping Square, on Guangchang South Road of Jingdezhen City. Tel: 0798-8291778 Bus Routes: 6, 11, 15, 1, 2 and 10 Opening Hours: f...
- Department Stores: 1. Jingdezhen Department store Location: it is in No. 28, on Zhushan Central Road of Jingdezhen City Tel: 0798-8222852 Bus Routes: 103, 108, 11, 12, 18 and 4 Opening Hours: from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm eve...
As one of the famous tourism cities in Jiangxi Province, the nightlife in Jingdezhen City is very modern, rich and colorful as the other major cities in China. When the night falls, all the streets in the city are covered with neon lights, which are very attractive for the visitors, and the visitors gather to the bars and pubs as well as theaters and nightclubs in clusters. The highlight of recreational activity in the city is making porcelains on the porcelain stores by yourselves, which cost CNY 20 for each one once, and I am sure that you will fully enjoy the night life in Jingdezhen City. Jingdezhen Nightlife
Jingdezhen City has subtropical monsoon climate in the North Temperate Zone with very distinctive four seasons, and the annual average temperature here is 17℃. There is a short cold winter and a very long hot summer in the city. Jingdezhen Weather
As the tourism city of Jiangxi Province in China, the transportation in Jingdezhen is very convenient and modern. As a matter of fact, the transportation in the city is made up of a three dimensional transport system of airways, railways and highways as well as public transportation such as buses and taxies, with the highways and the railways as the dominate modes of travelling on the whole. Jingdezhen Transportation
- City Transportation: Buses The bus system in Jingdezhen City is very modern and convenient. There are 20 public bus routes in the City, and you can take a bus to most places of the city. Now all the buses in the city are ...
- Air: Jingdezhen Luojia Airport is located in Luojia Village of Fuliang County in the northeast part of Jingdezhen City, which is just 7 kilometers (4.3 miles) away from the city center, and there are 6 direct flights from Jingdezhen to the major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Ganzhou and Anqing.
- Highway: The highways in Jingdezhen are very modern and convenient, which has very 2 highway networks with national highway No. 106 running from north to south and Jiu-Jing Highway (Jiujiang to Jingdezhen in Jingxi Province) running from east to west through the city center.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace