Longyan is located in the west of Fujian Province, neighboring Quanzhou in the east and Sanming in the north and bordering Meizhou of Guangdong Province in the south and Ganzhou of Jiangxi Province in the west. As the nearest coastal city near Xiamen, Longyan City is 142 kilometers away from Xiamen. Owing to its location in the west of Fujian, so Longyan is also called ‘Min Xi’, which means the ‘western Fujian. It is characterized by colorful and unique Hakka culture, architect... Longyan Overview
Longyan covers an area of 19,050 square kilometers with 182 kilometers long from north to south and 192 kilometers long from east to west. The mountain area covers an area of over 15,000 square kilometers while the plains cover 985 square kilometers. Longyan is a famous tourist area with rich tourist resources: natural sceneries and cultural relics. Longyan Attractions
- The Earth Buildings: The Earth Buildings of the Hakkas in Yongding lies in Yongding County in Longyan of Fujian Province, where houses unique folk architectures of the Hakkas with a long history. As a matter of fact, Earth Buildings is a kind of traditional houses of the Hakkas, which can be divided into round and square ones, among which there are 360 round ones and more than 4,000 square ones. As usual, a complex is often made up of two or three rings of towers one around another.
- Longkong Cave : Located in Longkang Village of Yanshi Town in Xinluo District, Longyan City of Fujian Province, Longkong Cave is 48 kilometers away from Longyan with primitive karst landforms, which covers an area of 10 square kilometers, and it is an AAAA-level national scenic spot and attracts visitors from all over the world each year.
- Guanzhi Mountain Scenic Spot : The most famous scenery in Guanzhi Mountain is the Greeting-Guest Tree which has stood on the mountain for over 100 years with big and aged trunks, which draws the imagination of the guests to visualize appearances of the ancient people and the changes of the time, giving an aesthetic feeling to the vistors.
- Air: Guanzhi Mountain Airport in Longyan lies in Jiangfang Village, Liancheng County of Longyan in Fujian Province, which is 3.9 kilometers away from Liancheng County in the north and 106 kilometers away from Longyan in the south. There are direct flights from the airport to Shenzhen, Xiamen, Fuzhou and Shanghai, and the visitors can transform flights among the other cities and then to Longyan. You can take the bus to the scenic spots.
- Railway: There are two railway stations in Longyan, among which Longyan Railway Station lies in the northeast of Xinluo, you can get there by bus: No. 4, 9 and 21. Of course, you can take by motorcycle or rickshaw.
- Highway: There are national highways 205 and 319 across Longyan, and Longyan Bus Station is at the juncture between Xi'an Road and Qiaomin Road, Xinluo District, Longyan City, and then you can take the bus to ...