As "the Capital of Nine Dynasties" in ancient times, Luoyang is in the west of Henan Province with the Yellow River in the north and Zhengzhou City in the east, covering an area of 15,208 square kilometers (5,872 square miles) with 179 kilometers (111 miles) long from west to east and 168 kilometers (104 miles) wide from north to south. Luoyang administers 6 districts, 1 county-level city and 8 counties, namely: Xigong District, Laocheng District, Luolong District, Jianxi District, Chanhe District and Jili District; Yanshi City; Mengjin County, Xin'an County, Luoning County, Yiyang C... Luoyang Overview
As a famous ancient city with more than 5,000-year history, Luoyang is abundant in cultural relics and natural resources, which gestate its unique history and culture in its development. Luoyang Attractions
- Longmen Grottoes: Longmen Grottoes, located in the Dragon Gate of Luoyang in He’nan Province, is 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) apart from the urban district, cutting from Northern Wei Dynasty, and it has 2,345 grottoes and over 10,000 statues with 1,500 years history. It together with Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang and Yungang Grottoes in Datong has composed three famous rock caves art treasure.
- White Horse Temple : As the first Buddhist temple in China, White Horse Temple is 13 kilometers (8 miles) in the east of Luoyang City in Henan Province with a history of more than 1,500 years, established under the imperial order of Emperor Ming in 68 A.D. during the Eastern Han Dynasty. The temple is considered by most Chinese believers as "the cradle of Chinese Buddhism" today.
- Luoyang Museum of Ancient Tombs: Located at the foot of Mang Mountain in the north suburb of Luoyang City, the Museum of Ancient Tombs is 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) from the city center as a new and comprehensive historical museum in China, displaying the tombs from the Stone Age to the Han Dynasty (206 B.C-220 A.D.) as well as the articles for daily use, bronze wares, funerary objects, the colored pottery tomb figures and ornaments.
Luoyang has continental climate in the North Temperate Zone, and the weather in Zhengzhou is warm and comfortable with distinctive four seasons throughout the year: Luoyang Weather
As a well-known tourism resort both in domestic and abroad as well as the starting point of the ancient Silk Road, the transportation in Luoyang is very modern and convenient. Nowadays it is very easy for the visitors by air, train and bus from Luoyang City center to almost each corner of the city. Luoyang Transportation
- Railway: Luoyang Railway Station is the north part of the city, and Longhai Railway (Lanzhou to Lianyungang) runs across Luoyang City like a dragon from east to west, so the railway transportation is convenient. The bus No. 2, 5, 10, 11, 48, 50, 51, 81, 83, 101 and 102 goes there each day.
- City Transportation: The bus system in Luoyang City is very modern and convenient, so you can take a bus to most of the places of the city, especially to the scenic spots. There are regular buses from the city center to the main scenic spots such as Longmen Grottoes and the White Horse Temple in Luoyang City.
- Highway: As a tourism city, there are many routine buses from almost all the major cities to Luoyang each day. The national roads No. 207 and 310 running through the city with long-distance routines to almost all the major cities in He’nan Province as well as the major cities in other provinces.