Ningbo is located in the east of the Zhejiang Province with Hangzhou Bay to the north, Shaoxing to the west, Taizhou to the south, and Zhoushan to the northeast. It is a famous historical and cultural city in China and one of the Three Economic Centers in the Zhejiang Province thanks to Ningbo Port which has the largest cargo handling capacity in China. The city is the hometown of many overseas Chinese with over 4.3 million Ningbo people living in over 50 countries of the world. The total popula... Ningbo Overview
As the first batch of appointed National Excellent Tourism Cities in China, Ningbo is not only rich in historical and cultural relics and folk customs, but also in natural scenic spots. Xikou-Xuedou Mountain Scenic Area is nationally well-known. Ningbo Attractions
- Tianyige Pavilion: Built in the 40th year (1561) of Emperor Jiajing in the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644), Tianyige Pavilion is one of the oldest private book-preserving buildings in China, initially functioning as the study of high official Fan Qin from the Ming Dynasty.
- Xikou Town: Xikou Town is not only famous in China for its natural landscapes and cultural heritage, but also for its folk customs, especially its Buddhism culture. In particular, the history of Xikou Town is what attracts millions of visitors every year, including party and state leaders from all over the world.
- Xuedou Temple : Located on Xuedou Mountain in the northwest of Xikou Town, Xuedou Temple was built in the Jin Dynasty (265 – 420) and prospered in the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907). It has been a very famous Buddhist temple since the Song Dynasty (960 – 1279) in addition with Lingyin Temple in Hangzhou, Guoqing Temple in Tiantan, and Tiantong Temple in Ningbo.
Ningbo has subtropical monsoonal climate with plenty of both rainfall and sunshine every year. The annual precipitation is about 1,480 millimeters on average; the average annual temperature is about 16.4℃. Ningbo Weather
- Inner City transportation: Taxis Taxis are the most convenient means of transportation in Ningbo. The rate is CNY 10 for the first 3.5 kilometers, and CNY 2 for each additional kilometer. You will be charged CNY 0.8 per kilome...
- Highways: As the longest over-sea bridge in the world, Hangzhou Bay Bridge begins with Ningbo in the south and ends with Haiyang of Jiaxing in the north, running a total of over 36 kilometers. It takes 2 hours ...
- Waterways: Daxie Passenger Port is located on Seaside East Road, Daxie Development Zone. Liners are available from the port to Zhoushan, Shenjiamen, Putuo Mountain, and Shanghai every day. Bus routes: 761, 762,...
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
- 4 Day Hangzhou and Putuo Island Buddism Pilgrimage Tour (MCT-HZ-04) From $680
- Essence of Ningbo Tour (MCT-NB-01) From $206
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.