Suzhou, a city in eastern Jiangsu Province, is situated in the geographical center of the Yangtze River Delta. It is neighboring Shanghai in the east and the Taihu Lake in the west, with 219 kilometers to the Nanjing City in the west and 80 to the downtown of Shanghai City in the east. The Suzhou City, as the southeastern door of Jiangsu Province and the throat of Shanghai City, becomes a necessary pass to Zhejiang Province from the middle and north region of Jiangsu. The Suzhou City is a famous historical and cultural city with a history of 2500 years. It was established in 514 B.C., known as Gusu. And until 581 A.D during the Sui Dynasty, it took its name Suzhou. The old city has generally retained the unique characteristics of the past. The city is featured in elegant natural scenery. It enjoys beautifully natural scenery, and the water and hills in Suzhou is as charming as a de... Suzhou Overview
- The Humble Administrator's Garden: The Humble Administrator's Garden, built 1509 during the Ming Dynasty , is located in the No.178 Northeast Street of Suzhou City. It is the largest and most renowned classical landscape garden in Suzhou, covering an area of 78 Mu.
- Tongli Ancient Town: The Tongli Ancient Town, a town in Wujiang City, is situated by the Taihu Lake and in east of the Canal, 18 kilometers away from the Suzhou City and 80 kilometers to Shanghai. It is one of the six famous water towns in the south of the Yangtze River covering an area of 33 hectares.
- Zhouzhuang Ancient Town : The Zhouzhuang Ancient Town, once called as"Zhenfengli", located in the southeastern Suzhou City, about 30 kilometers far away from the Kunshan City. It is an old-aged water town in the south area of Yangtze River with a history about 900 years.
- Deyuelou Restaurant: The Deyuelou Restaurant, firstly built in the Jiaqing Age is one of the oldest restaurants in Suzhou. It was rebuilt in 1982 located in the Taijian Lane, the downtown are of Suzhou City with a business area of 800 square meters.
- Songhelou Restaurant: Songhelou Restaurant, founded in 1737, is the most renowned restaurant in Suzhou. In the beginning it was a noodle shop famous for spiced duck noodle and chicken noodle.
- Guanqian Street: The Guanqian Street is the busy downtown area of Suzhou City. The compact mass shops along the street have greatly satisfied people's shopping demand in an early age. Some of shops even cover a history of over 100 years. People will easily guess what they have only by hearing their name.
- The Taihu Lake Boat Meals: The Taihu Lake Boat Meals is also named as"Water Feast Banquet". It was formed with the fast development of the Taihu Lake and the canal water tourism. The Taihu Lake Boat Meals originated f...
- The Squirrel shaped Mandarin Fish: The Squirrel-shaped Mandarin Fish, a typical traditional dish in;Suzhou, is highly appreciated by guests from home and abroad. Not only does it feature in the color and flavor, but also in the taste a...
- Fried crab meal: The fried crab meal is a special snack in Suzhou that is easy to make, very delicious in taste and rich in nutrition. In brief, its making includes the following steps. Step one: cook the potato and p...
As a famous tourist city, it also has delivered various entertainments for people. The night life of Suzhou is very busy and vibrant. People fully enjoy themselves by the way they love to spend the night, for example, shopping, watching movies, going to the bar, or going to KTV and so on. Suzhou Nightlife
The weather in Suzhou City is mild and moist with abundant rainfall and four distinct seasons. It is an ideal tourist destination all around the year, especially in April to October when the trees are green and flowers are in full bloom. Suzhou Weather
- Train: The famous Beijing-Shanghai railway is running through the city from the north to south everyday, and nearly all the train of this line will stop in Suzhou. The train from Shanghai to Suzhou is started every 20 minutes with a ticket of 7-22 Yuan, only take 40 to half and an hours.
- Boat: The Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal passes though the city so that it is very convenient to visit Suzhou by boat. The main ports in Suzhou include the Port of Shanghai, Zhangjiagang Changshu, and Taicang.
- Airport: There are more than 300 airlines flying to 97 domestic cities. The nearby airports include the Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, Nanjing International Airport, Shuofang Airport, Suzhou Guangfu Airport as well as the Pudong Airport.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
- 5 Day Shanghai and Suzhou Garden Tour (MCT-SH-03) From $675
- 5 Day Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuxi, Nanjing (MCT-SH-05) From $832
- 2 Day Suzhou Classical Gardens and Water Town Tour (MCT-SZ-01) From $203
Got a question? Ask us here
We will reply to you within one working day.