Wuyi Mountain Scenic Area with an area of 60 square kilometers, located in Wuyishan City in Fujian Province, stretches itself to the northernmost boundary neighboring with Jiangxi Province, including Wuyi Mountain scenic spots and the natural reserve, which is praised as “the legendary miracle belittling southeast of China”. The sceneries can be summarized by “three-three and nin... Wuyishan Overview
Wuyi Mountain is the symbol of harmony between human beings and the nature and famous for its natural sceneries as well as its cultural relics. Wuyishan Attractions
- Nine Turn Stream : The essence of Wuyi Mountain lies in the Nine-Turn Stream that covers a total area of 8.5 square kilometers and is 9.5 kilometers long, which originates from the south of the Natural Reserve in Wuyi Mountain with crystal-clear water and meandering mountains around, forming the spectacle that the streams flow around the mountains and the mountains embrace the stream water.
- Song Dynasty Street : Song Dynasty Street lies in Wuyi Palace with 300 meters long in total, and there is a stone gate in the front of the street and ancient stone threshold at the back of the street, which all imitate the buildings in Song Dynasty (960 A.D.-1127 A.D.) with Zhuxi’s Memorial Hall as the highlight (960 A.D.-1127 A.D.).
- Great King Peak : As the first peak to Wuyi Mountain, Great King Peak is at the mouth of Nine-Turn Stream. The visitors can only climb the peak through the steps in the south leading to the top directly because of the cliffs on the other three sides. Jade Maiden Peak is in the opposite direction of the Great King Peak, as a famous scenic spot in Wuyi Mountain, standing erectly with smooth rock cliffs and verdant vegetations around it, which looks like a slender maiden from the distance.
- Air: Wuyishan Airport is 15 kilometers away from Wuyi Mountain Scenic Spots. There are air flights from Wuyishan to the major cities in China like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing,Fuzhu, Zhengzhou and Xiamen, and there are buses from the airport to the major scenic spots in Wuyi Mountain.
- Railway: Up to now the easiest way to get to Wuyishan is by train. You must bear in mind that you can make direct access to Wuyishan by train only if you start from Fuzhou, Xiamen, Quanzhou and Shanghai.
- Highway: There are coaches to Wuyi Mountain from Nanping and Shaowu in Fujian Province as well as Shangrao in Jiangxi Province, and it will take you about 4 hours to get there from Shangrao and 3 hours from Shaowu.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace