As one of the four ancient civilized capitals in the world, Xi'an is a famous historical city in the world with rich tour resources. It had been the center of politics, economy, culture and external exchange in China in the Han Dynasty and Tang Dynasty. At that time, it was also an international city with a population of more than one million. The saying"Rome in the west, Xi'an in the east" is portraiture for the position of Xi'an in world's history. It was also the starting point of the famous Silk Road. With profound history, as well as the plenty of cultural relic and historical site, Xi'an has earned its reputation of "Natural History Museum". There are 554 historic and cultural relics under state protection in Xi'an. 89 key historical sites in Shaanxi are under state protection, among which 8822 are mausoleums, over 5700 are ancient sites and 21100 are sites of c... Xian Overview
With a long history and magnificent culture, Xi'an has been a famous tourist city and an inexhaustible treasure house of cultural relics. The famous humanistic scenic spots in Xi'an are Terracotta Army, Greater Wild Goose Pagoda, Lesser Wild Goose Pagoda, Ancient City Wall, Bell tower, Drum-tower and so on. Now, we will introduce them briefly one by one. Xian Attractions
- Yang Mausoleum of the Han Dynasty: The co-burial mausoleum of Emperor Jing (the fourth emperor of West Han Dynasty) and his empress Wang, Yang Mausoleum is located in Xianyangyuan of the Weicheng District of Xianyang. Initially built in 153 B.C. and finished in 126 B.C., Yang Mausoleum covers an area of 20 square kilometers.
- Huashan Mountain: Located in Huayin of theShanxi Province, Huashan Mountain is 75 miles from Xi’an with the Qinling Mountains to the south and the Yellow River to the north, and it is about 2,155 meters above sea level.
- Huaqing Palace Heritage Site: The Huaqing Hot Springs (or Huaqing Palace Heritage Site) is a famous spring resort in China located at the foot of Lishan Mountain in Lintong about 30 kilometers east of Xi’an.
Xian has been served as the capital city of China for 13 times throughout the history. With prevalent images of the glorious catering culture of northwest China, Xian is a real treasure trove of food. Xian is also well known as representatives of the catering in northwest China and famous for its snacks, among which Muslim catering culture takes large proportion. Xian Food
- Cold noodle : Cold noodle refers to a kind of traditional noodle food with Korean favor. It is said that people, who eat long Cold Noodle at noon of the Fourth day of the first lunar month, can be expected with many happy returns. According to this belief, people also called cold noodle as longevity noodle.
- Pita Bread Soaked in Lamb Soup: Pita Bread Soaked in Lamb Soup is the unique local snacks founded in Xi'an, with its history dating back to the 11th century BC. It well cooked with rich ingredients so as to form a pleasant flavor, thick soup and overflowing smell. Moreover, it offers a long and strong aftertaste with rich nutrition.
- Dumpling in Sour Soup : With a history of over 1000 years, the Dumpling in Sour Soup properly deserves the name as an ancient flavor snack. Mutton dumplings are placed in a special sour soup before serving to the customers, hence the name. The name reflects its distinctive feature: sour taste.
Nightlife in Xian is varied and colorful. The entertainment industry of Xian started quite late, but developed rapidly. There are a lot of cinemas, cultural centers and clubs. Tourists and those who have been busy working for a whole day can feel relaxed in these places for entertainment and leisure. Xian Nightlife
- Tang Dynasty Show at Tang Paradise: Tang Paradise is the largest cultural theme park in the north-west region. And it is also the first large royal cultural theme park with garden style, which fully exhibits the heritage of the Tang Dynasty.
- Chinese Shadow Show: Shadow show consists of leather puppets, scene and other properties. It always uses a piece of silk fabric as screen, and oil lamp as lighting fixture. When performing, artists hold the control stick in hands, hiding behind the screen. The shadow of the leather puppet is cast on the screen, singing and dancing with the music. It shows the odors of folk.
- Music Fountain: The Music Fountain lies in the north square of big wild goose pagoda and the north square of big wild goose pagoda is located at the root of the big wild goose pagoda.
- Railway: Xi’an is an important rail transportation hub, linking North, East, and Central China with Southwest and Northwest China. Longhai Railway (Lianyungang to Lanzhou) runs through the city.
- Inner city transportation: Xi’an’s taxis are usually green, but at the airport and some big hotels, there might be some black taxis which are more spacious, comfortable, and a bit more expensive.
- Airport: Xi’an Xianyang International Airport (XIY) is the largest air transportation hub in Northwest China, serving more than 18 million passengers in 2010 alone.
Weekly Recommended Deals
Highlights: The Forbidden City, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace